Author Topic: Leggings as Pants - In School  (Read 20946 times)

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
Re: Leggings as Pants - In School
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2012, 10:58:46 AM »

Honestly, I think it's a bit TMI that you told us here!  ;)

Yeah, it was only in response to a disagreement with the comment about how panty lines at least let people know you are wearing them!  I prefer to not give people any reason to think about it at all!

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:32 AM »
I feel the same, but rather than going commando I wear something like this. Most of my bras don't have bulges; I try to keep up on my changing body and therefore have a variety of bra types and sizes.

True, but I'm a super-extra-large person, and trust me, There Will Be Bulges, even in clothes that fit properly.  I am one big bulging person.  lol

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2012, 01:48:08 PM »
There are leggings and there are leggings. I had the misfortune of seeing one woman at Disney's California Adventure who was wearing leggings with a short top (much like what's been described here.) I now know nearly as much about her physiology as her gynecologist does. A skirt or long tunic would have gone a long way to avoid her over-sharing.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2012, 03:24:04 PM »
The leggings we wore in the late 80s were nowhere near as tight as the ones in the examples posted.  I think the new generation are signinficantly different from the stretch pants/stirrup pants that Tiffany fans wore.

Mine were skin tight and shiny, pretty much like sandy's black pants in the Grease Finale.

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2012, 04:28:13 PM »
I can't say I ever saw anybody wear anything like those outsisde of a vostume. I would say they would be inappropriate for school. The whole reason those were chosen was becaise they are OTT screaming sex.

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2012, 06:15:43 PM »
Olivia Newton John was sewn into those pants.

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2012, 06:21:04 PM »
Olivia Newton John was sewn into those pants.

I thought they were painted on!
Stewart/Colbert '16

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2012, 08:10:27 PM »
Wearing them as instead of tights with a dress - OK.

Wearing them with a shirt instead of pants - not OK.

What she said.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

magicdomino

« Reply #98 on: November 22, 2012, 05:49:46 PM »
The leggings we wore in the late 80s were nowhere near as tight as the ones in the examples posted.  I think the new generation are signinficantly different from the stretch pants/stirrup pants that Tiffany fans wore.

Mine were skin tight and shiny, pretty much like sandy's black pants in the Grease Finale.

Royal blue lycra.  Seriously.   Fortunately, there are no photos, or they would qualify as blackmail material.  In my defense, I would like to say that I wore them to nightclubs, not school or work.

Iris

« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2012, 12:57:37 AM »

Royal blue lycra.  Seriously.   Fortunately, there are no photos, or they would qualify as blackmail material.  In my defense, I would like to say that I wore them to nightclubs, not school or work.

Things worn in nightclubs under the age of 25 don't count. Everyone knows that...Don't they?
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

squeakers

« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:51 AM »

Mine were fuzzy royal blue (stirrup pants, though).. worn with a white shirt with royal blue collar and sleeve cuffs that hung below my butt.  And a belt that did that 45 degree hang (instead of falling down, hung at at angle.)

I loved the finale of Grease: compromise extraordinaire. He did something out of his element for her (lettering in track) and she did too (changed her image from priss to greaser). (Her change meant she accepted what he was.. his was trying to be like what she was.)
"I feel sarcasm is the lowest form of wit." "It is so low, in fact, that Miss Manners feels sure you would not want to resort to it yourself, even in your own defense. We do not believe in retaliatory rudeness." Judith Martin

blarg314

• Super Hero!
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2012, 09:28:53 PM »

Things worn in nightclubs under the age of 25 don't count. Everyone knows that...Don't they?

Pictures of things worn in nightclubs when I was 25 are relegated to blurry, badly exposed, film photographs, to occasionally appear to the chagrin of the person wearing it, and intense amusement of their younger relations.

Pictures of things worn by 25 year olds in nightclubs now are put on line, tagged with your real name, and archived by Facebook, and will be accessible in perpetuity via a simple web search by potential employers, blind dates, voters, and mothers in law.

workingmum

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2012, 05:07:03 AM »
I saw an otherwise beautiful young girl the other day at the shopping centre.. however, she had on tights/leggings with a short top and you didnt really have to look to know there was nothing underneath. Had her shirt been a few inches longer, and her tights/leggings a size or two larger, she would have looked lovely. But.. I could see her.. well, butt.. quite clearly and there was no underwear there!

I grew up in the 80's/90's and yes - i wore tights.. but with tops that well and truly covered my behind! I wear tight pants, you was always taught that you wear tight pants, you wear a long top. You wear a short skirt, you wear a modest top. You wear a cleavage baring shirt, you wear modest pants or skirt....

"I sold my soul for freedom - it's lonely but it's sweet" -Melissa Etheridge

Jones

« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »
Picture in this week's paper of a bunch of girls at the high school. One of them wearing what appears to be footless tights; very cute, multicolored stripes, but she does give the impression of having forgotten her skirt that day.

Jules1980

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2012, 04:24:31 PM »
I saw an otherwise beautiful young girl the other day at the shopping centre.. however, she had on tights/leggings with a short top and you didnt really have to look to know there was nothing underneath. Had her shirt been a few inches longer, and her tights/leggings a size or two larger, she would have looked lovely. But.. I could see her.. well, butt.. quite clearly and there was no underwear there!

I grew up in the 80's/90's and yes - i wore tights.. but with tops that well and truly covered my behind! I wear tight pants, you was always taught that you wear tight pants, you wear a long top. You wear a short skirt, you wear a modest top. You wear a cleavage baring shirt, you wear modest pants or skirt....

I was taught a variation of this too.  Tight (revealing) on top, loose (modest) bottoms.  Tight or short on bottom, loose and modest on the top.  I, too, did the leggings look in the nineties, but it was with sweat shirts that hung to my knees or sweater dresses.  At my school, they were seen as pantyhose were.  Your shirt had to be as long as a dress by the dress code standards or you had to wear a skirt or shorts of the right length over them.  I think the rule then was that the hem of the dress had to reach your fingertips if you were standing up straight with your arms by your side.  It was a universal rule due to the fact that the school could not pick and choose who would look fine wearing them as pants and who should not.  It sucks, but that was the way it was.  They couldn't say that the 105 pound girl looked fine in them but the 205 pound girl didn't without bringing a descrimination charge on them. 

Also, using distraction as the reason this principal may not want them in his school is sexist.  True.  However, it is also true.  Like it or not, teenager are going to be distract by revealing clothes, (and just about anything else.), and it's a lot easier to remove the distractions than to keep trying to keep students from being distracted.  That's the same reason cell phones and such aren't allowed in class.