Author Topic: Leggings as Pants - In School  (Read 20361 times)

auntmeegs

Re: Leggings as Pants - In School
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2012, 09:22:55 PM »
I don't understand this obsession with panty lines.  As my mother used to say, 'At least they know you're wearing them!'    Personally panty lines don't bother me.  When I can tell the style and brand and color of your panties, then the pants are too tight or see-thru.   But if I just see the lines, that's all right.  I don't care.   Same with bra-lines.  Lines happen.

If your clothes fit right, lines don't happen.

No, thatīs not true at all.  Some pants are meant to be very fitted and curve-hugging and the right fit in them would absolutely show lines if you had on the wrong undergarment.

HorseFreak

« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »
I don't understand this obsession with panty lines.  As my mother used to say, 'At least they know you're wearing them!'    Personally panty lines don't bother me.  When I can tell the style and brand and color of your panties, then the pants are too tight or see-thru.   But if I just see the lines, that's all right.  I don't care.   Same with bra-lines.  Lines happen.

If your clothes fit right, lines don't happen.

No, thatīs not true at all.  Some pants are meant to be very fitted and curve-hugging and the right fit in them would absolutely show lines if you had on the wrong undergarment.

I agree, I don't think I own a pair of dress pants or khakis that don't show my "regular" Victoria's Secret cotton underwear's lines. They are not in the least bit tight, but the fabric does tend to show the seams around my legs particularly when bending over or squatting down. I get lines even in the "panty line free" underwear (not to mention they're cut to perma-wedgie).

Honestly, I'd rather see panty lines than the anatomy lesson I got when a girl in my Zumba class got up on stage and did a dance involving bending over. She was wearing slinky little shorts and they outlined every little bit of her lady parts 4' in front of my face.

magicdomino

« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2012, 11:44:23 AM »

Things worn in nightclubs under the age of 25 don't count. Everyone knows that...Don't they?

Pictures of things worn in nightclubs when I was 25 are relegated to blurry, badly exposed, film photographs, to occasionally appear to the chagrin of the person wearing it, and intense amusement of their younger relations.

Pictures of things worn by 25 year olds in nightclubs now are put on line, tagged with your real name, and archived by Facebook, and will be accessible in perpetuity via a simple web search by potential employers, blind dates, voters, and mothers in law.

Not to mention children and grandchildren.  "What do you mean, I can't wear this outfit.  Look at what you used to wear!"

MissRose

« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
I would rather see leggings worn with a long shirt, dress or sweater, not with something that barely covers the backside as so many girls do.  I own several pairs of leggings, and mainly wear them under long skirts for warmth or with a short dress that that may cover a few inches past my backside for modesty.  No one has said anything to me in the work place nor in church.

My niece's school, I have no idea what their exact rule is, but many girls in her age range (10-13) like to wear leggings with long shirts or tunics from what I've observed.  I do know that the middle school has rules against tight and revealing clothes, and as long as the backside is decently covered by a skirt, dress or long shirt of some kind with a pair of leggings, I do not take offense. 

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »
Saw an aged 50ish professional woman wearing tights as pants with a shorter than she realized long sweater/dress.  if only she had had a skirt, the outfit would be cute!  Instead, it was distracting, as she stood in front of chapel...yikes! 
It barely skimmed at her fingers, following the fingertip rule.  It needed tugging each time she moved, but she could not do so in front of people.
Saw her later in the afternoon, and she was more careful in how she bent down to speak to children.

Reminds me that I need to use DD's full length mirror more often...
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Drawberry

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2012, 07:34:03 PM »
Wearing them as instead of tights with a dress - OK.

Wearing them with a shirt instead of pants - not OK.

I agree.  School is supposed to prepare you for the real world.  Well, in the real world, you can't always dress as you please.

POD to this.

My kid's HS has a policy stating that leggings can not be worn unless with a top that hits at least mid-thigh. 

I don't see the policy as sexist at all.  The boys at their HS also have specific dress codes they have to adhere to.

What I used to really hope for was a policy of "no-cleavage" at school and in the office.  I really miss the days when cleavage was not seen until after 5 unless you were at the beach or by a pool.  But I'm in such the minority on this topic I know there is no hope.

I take some personal offense to this.
I am naturally very busty, every woman in my family is. My sister is so large she's had strangers gawk at her, accuse her of getting implants or heckle her to get breast reduction surgery. At the ripe old age of 12 I was already heading to a C-cup bra and felt both the stigma of developing early and the envy from female friends. We are all simply built to be large breasted.

As such hardly any clothing on the market is made to suit my body. Tee shirts with cute images printed on them have always stretched out and deformed across my chest. Tank-tops make it look like I have two basket balls eating spaghetti noodles stuck to my chest. Shirts end up much shorter because they rise up.Shirts with necklines that would normally be considered traditionally 'modest' end up exposing a fair amount of my cleavage. I am talking about simple, basic, regular-necked shirts sold at every department store around the world. Nothing special. Nothing 'high fashion'. Just regular ol' shirts. But they always look considerably more revealing on my body then on the models body or on a woman who is less 'endowed' then myself.

I cannot help what my breasts do. They are there, they're not going away without long hours of surgery. I cannot simply tuck them under my arms and hide them. To prevent any sliver of cleavage showing I would have to wear Boyfriends tee shirts or turtleneck sweaters.

Some of us are not trying to shove our womanly assets in your face, we simply cannot help our bodies.

And I agree, implementing a new specific dresscode on the girls based on the reaction of hormone fulled boys is wrong.

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »
Wearing them as instead of tights with a dress - OK.

Wearing them with a shirt instead of pants - not OK.

I agree.  School is supposed to prepare you for the real world.  Well, in the real world, you can't always dress as you please.

POD to this.

My kid's HS has a policy stating that leggings can not be worn unless with a top that hits at least mid-thigh. 

I don't see the policy as sexist at all.  The boys at their HS also have specific dress codes they have to adhere to.

What I used to really hope for was a policy of "no-cleavage" at school and in the office.  I really miss the days when cleavage was not seen until after 5 unless you were at the beach or by a pool.  But I'm in such the minority on this topic I know there is no hope.

I take some personal offense to this.
I am naturally very busty, every woman in my family is. My sister is so large she's had strangers gawk at her, accuse her of getting implants or heckle her to get breast reduction surgery. At the ripe old age of 12 I was already heading to a C-cup bra and felt both the stigma of developing early and the envy from female friends. We are all simply built to be large breasted.

As such hardly any clothing on the market is made to suit my body. Tee shirts with cute images printed on them have always stretched out and deformed across my chest. Tank-tops make it look like I have two basket balls eating spaghetti noodles stuck to my chest. Shirts end up much shorter because they rise up.Shirts with necklines that would normally be considered traditionally 'modest' end up exposing a fair amount of my cleavage. I am talking about simple, basic, regular-necked shirts sold at every department store around the world. Nothing special. Nothing 'high fashion'. Just regular ol' shirts. But they always look considerably more revealing on my body then on the models body or on a woman who is less 'endowed' then myself.

I cannot help what my breasts do. They are there, they're not going away without long hours of surgery. I cannot simply tuck them under my arms and hide them. To prevent any sliver of cleavage showing I would have to wear Boyfriends tee shirts or turtleneck sweaters.

Some of us are not trying to shove our womanly assets in your face, we simply cannot help our bodies.

And I agree, implementing a new specific dresscode on the girls based on the reaction of hormone fulled boys is wrong.

Drawberry, I don't think Hmmmm meant any offense. I think that she meant there are a lot of people wearing fashions these days purposely flaunting cleavage - with see through tops, push up bras, see through tops WITH push up bras underneath, low cut blouses, that kind of thing. Most folks let more hang out these days than they used to. And I am saying this as a large breasted woman myself - I get your dilemma, believe me. I still can't wear any button up shirts because they will pop at the cleavage line.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver