General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

So, I Had To Find Out In An Email??? (Update#7--Now With Popcorn Worthy Details)

<< < (6/9) > >>

cheyne:
Posting for updates.  I have kettle corn to share.

Morrigan:
I am soooo glad my director is nothing like Stonecold.  Actually, I'm glad my library is nothing like yours.  No offense, but I don't know how you (or any of your co-workers) have lasted that long!

Yarnspinner:
Not much of an update, but some chickens are coming home to roost.  We have been weeding the really old books and the  ones we can't sell at booksale (and the ones in such bad shape I won't take them to goodwill) are piling up because Stonecold hasn't paid the dumpster guys to come and haul away the dumpster that's already there.  AND....you betcha....the local paper isn't being delivered because we haven't paid them aaaaaaaaand after promising those of us willing to work extra days that we would be given double overtime for it, we found out she lied about getting this approved by the city.

The library board, of course, continues to support her because she's such a breath of fresh air.  Harrumph, harrumph.

Yarnspinner:

--- Quote from: catlover on November 22, 2012, 10:46:30 AM ---But Stoney's days are numbered now, aren't they?   I was driving back to Chicago yesterday, and the newspaper in the gas station had headlines about the big raid and how the Feds are involved now and the kickbacks and waste/mismanagement with the $1000+ wastebaskets???

--- End quote ---

Different library.  We don't have any federal involvement....although there has been an investigation that went nowhere.  Still, we can dream.....

Dr. F.:

--- Quote from: Yarnspinner on November 25, 2012, 04:39:25 PM ---Not much of an update, but some chickens are coming home to roost.  We have been weeding the really old books and the  ones we can't sell at booksale (and the ones in such bad shape I won't take them to goodwill) are piling up because Stonecold hasn't paid the dumpster guys to come and haul away the dumpster that's already there.  AND....you betcha....the local paper isn't being delivered because we haven't paid them aaaaaaaaand after promising those of us willing to work extra days that we would be given double overtime for it, we found out she lied about getting this approved by the city.

The library board, of course, continues to support her because she's such a breath of fresh air.  Harrumph, harrumph.

--- End quote ---

Hang in there! The idiot I used to work for finally got his come-uppance after 5 years of complete and total incompentance and constant backing of the Board. In our case, the volunteers complained and then hooked up with former employees (I was one by that point). None of us had anything to lose, so when we said we'd go to the media, all of a sudden it was possible to make changes where it hadn't been before.

Karma wins in the end. I admit to significant schaedenfreude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version