General Etiquette > Life...in general

Already making enemies and I just moved in

(1/12) > >>

Mental Magpie:
I understand the concern from my one new neighbor and I am going to do what I can to stop my mom's dog (only here until Sunday) from getting into her yard.  When she told me she didn't think I was allowed to have dogs (I rent) I offered to give her my landlord's number so she could call and ask. I also understand that the trailer still parked in front of her house is a nuisance, but I didn't know my work schedule until I got here and won't be able to move it until next week. I am going to do what I can to get it more in front of my house. Her almost scolding tone annoyed me, but she is mostly blind and I understand she's just scared.

However, hearing from her that the other side neighbor is scared because she has a daycare over there and that I need to do something about it, really grinded my gears. I don't know exactly what Im supposed to do.  As long as my dogs stay out of the daycare yard, I have done something about it as far as I'm concerned.

My question is where to go from here?  I am annoyed (and stubborn), so I'm not entirely sure I'm thinking straight about this. On one hand, my concern is my dogs staying in my yard; if daycare lady has a problem she can come talk to me. On the other hand, I could put the first foot forward an go talk to her, but I'm not entirely sure I'm willing to only let my dogs out at certain times due to the daycare.

sourwolf:
I'd be really annoyed if there was a trailer parked in front of my house for a week!  I think you should definitely move it so it's not in the same place the entire time, even if you can't get rid of it until next week.  Frankly, I'm not sure how it's her problem that you didn't know your work schedule, but like I said, I'd be really annoyed if there was a trailer in front of my house for that long, not to mention the fact that it sounds like you got pretty snotty with her.  It would have been a lot better to just say that you'd asked the landlord and dogs were fine.  I really think you're making the situation worse, not better.

Knitterly:
I'm sorry, but I think your stubbornness may be putting you in the wrong here.  You sound like you are being difficult. 

The best course of action would be to say something like "I am sorry about the trailer being in your way.  It will be gone in a week or so.  I am still in the process of moving and am not actually around yet."

It would be the most neighbourly for you to approach the daycare lady and discuss the dog situation with her like an adult and a good neighbour.  Maybe reassure her that the dogs are well trained and won't come into her yard (do you have a fence)?

Why are you not willing to put your dogs on a schedule that would also accomodate your neighbours?

Zilla:
Blind or not, a trailer in front of my house for another week would be very annoying to me as well.   I would get that moved pronto as it sounds like an error on the company's behalf of putting it in the wrong place.

As for your dogs and your mom's dog escaping the yard, I would immeadiately get tie downs and only let them out on the chain till they don't escape.  And especially it being a daycare next door. 

Sorry OP, those are not frivolous concerns and I would be apologizing if I was in your shoes.

Perfect Circle:

--- Quote from: Zilla on November 21, 2012, 09:24:42 AM ---Blind or not, a trailer in front of my house for another week would be very annoying to me as well.   I would get that moved pronto as it sounds like an error on the company's behalf of putting it in the wrong place.

As for your dogs and your mom's dog escaping the yard, I would immeadiately get tie downs and only let them out on the chain till they don't escape.  And especially it being a daycare next door. 

Sorry OP, those are not frivolous concerns and I would be apologizing if I was in your shoes.

--- End quote ---

I agree - these are not some petty issues she's brought to your attention.

The trailer needs to go ASAP - is there a reason it was in front of your neighbour's house in the first place? And the dog issue, you need to make sure your animals are safely contained in your own yard at any time by whatever means you have.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version