General Etiquette > Life...in general

How to politely handle a negative person

<< < (7/7)

DaDancingPsych:
Is there any reason that you needed to tip toe around this couple? I mean, if this was a relative or a friend of a friend, then I could understand the need not to implode the relationship. If this was just a new couple with no further ties, I might suggest being polite, but straightforward. "Jill, I really don't appreciate your remarks, please keep them to yourself." Or when it became apparent that this evening was not going to end well, I would have pulled the plug and left.

Sheila Take a Bow:

--- Quote from: MrsJWine on November 22, 2012, 11:35:17 AM ---"Can you stop? You're ruining the meal for everyone who thinks this is delicious."

--- End quote ---

This.

--- Quote from: Sharnita on November 22, 2012, 05:15:34 PM ---Did you all drive there together? I would have said "You are free to leave if you are not enjoying yourself."

--- End quote ---

This, too.

Jill was unspeakably rude.  She wasn't just negative, she was obnoxious.  I'm sorry she ruined your meal.

And I'm with the others who think this couple should fall off your friendship radar.

Piratelvr1121:
As a friend of mine is fond of saying, you made two trips out of that experience, your first and your last!! I think asking for "to go" containers would have been the best solution, along with never ever going with them again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version