Author Topic: Thanksgiving Mishap  (Read 4629 times)

diesel_darlin

Re: Thanksgiving Mishap
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2012, 12:37:27 PM »
That wasn't a threadjack Luci!  I was hoping to hear more mishaps.  :) And now I want a Kobe beef burger.

Kobe beef burger with a slice of Honeybaked ham.  Teriyaki sauce and pineapple optional.   :)

*drool*

Oh that poor ham.  :(

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2012, 02:25:20 PM »
wow.

I don't eat /never had ham and even I felt very very sad!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

floridamom

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 03:22:22 PM »
CRUD MONKEYS!!!!  Noooooooooooo  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That is the best part of the ham!!!! 

snowfire

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 05:16:11 PM »
Kobe beef burger with a slice of Honeybaked ham.  Teriyaki sauce and pineapple optional.   :)
Mega-drool!

A moment of silence for the poor ham......

delabela

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
NO!  I would have been beside myself with disappointment - those are expensive (and the thing I like best is having leftovers with eggs the next morning). 

merryns

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 06:56:25 PM »
The selfishness of people who declare "nobody likes" something that they dislike and then take the choice away for everyone else really annoys me. And I  also suspect malice in this case.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 07:01:56 PM »
My heart cries for that poor HoneyBaked ham!

More to the point, my heart cries for your poor friend! Please don't tell me that the bone was tossed, too? The bone and the leftover crust (if there is any) makes the bestest split-pea soup ever!

I would probably cry. I LOVE that glaze, I wish they would just make candy out of it so I could buy just the crunchy glaze.

I'm wondering, though, if sis didn't intentionally sabotage the ham because she was upset that he brought it. Did sis make the turkey, and if so did she know that he was bringing a ham (essentially a second main dish)?

Not that that would be justified, of course. There is never a justification for mutilating a honeybaked ham like that.

I'm wondering the same about bold above.

Or maybe (sidestepping the "intentionally sabotage" part) she just didn't know what to do with the ham if she never had a spiral-cut before. Either way, she was OTT wrong with what she did.

travestine

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »
A la George Costanza, my dad would have had his head in the garbage bin, eating all the yummy honey-crusted bits. He's done it before, when my uncle threw the crusty hunk of skin from over the neck end of the stuffing from the turkey in the garbage - Dad went in right after it.
"A "no" uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a "yes" merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble."
  Mahatma Ghandi

weeblewobble

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 08:07:41 PM »
This is right up there with people who doctor an entire batch of food to their tastes because "everybody likes it this way."  Stories here have included putting pepper on a whole bowl of melon, or dumping a bottle of ketchup into a whole pot of chili, effectively turning the dish into ketchup beans. 

It's passive aggressive and selfish and when I think of that ham, I want to cry.

JennJenn68

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
I'm vegetarian, and this particular story had me saying, "What the heck?  This woman needs a short, sharp lesson in both manners and gratitude!"

Good heavens, what a thing to happen.  Eyuch!

bonyk

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 07:22:40 AM »

More to the point, my heart cries for your poor friend! Please don't tell me that the bone was tossed, too? The bone and the leftover crust (if there is any) makes the bestest split-pea soup ever!

:'(  Is the bone okay??!!!

Dorrie78

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 08:38:14 AM »
From the UK, I had to do a search to find out what a kobe burger was and why a barbecue was not the best way to cook it.  Discovered it should not be overcooked but just loved the information on an American site that "Due to the increasing demand for Kobe beef in the United States, Wagyu cattle are being bred with American breeds such as Angus (to give) "American Kobe" or "Kobe Style" beef" 

Excuse me, the Angus is a Scottish breed not an American one.
Sounds like this whole Kobe beef thing is practically a scam. US didn't allow any importing of any Japanese beef, including Kobe, until August of this year and the amount of authentic Kobe that is imported is minuscule and Probably winds up at the top of the line steakhouses at outrageously high prices. US doesn't recognize the Japanese trademark of "Kobe," so anyone can use The word to describe their meat on a menu. I'd love to try the actual stuff someday, but I wouldn't trust any restaurant who offers it at very high prices unless there is a certificate of authenticity.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2012, 08:11:18 PM »

:'(  Is the bone okay??!!!

I don't know - I didn't have the heart to ask.  He was so... disheartened and disappointed when he was telling me the story I didn't want to ask any questions.  It would be like pouring salt into the wound.

redsfan

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2012, 01:49:40 AM »

I would probably cry. I LOVE that glaze, I wish they would just make candy out of it so I could buy just the crunchy glaze.

I'm wondering, though, if sis didn't intentionally sabotage the ham because she was upset that he brought it. Did sis make the turkey, and if so did she know that he was bringing a ham (essentially a second main dish)?

Not that that would be justified, of course. There is never a justification for mutilating a honeybaked ham like that.

I'm wondering the same about bold above.

Or maybe (sidestepping the "intentionally sabotage" part) she just didn't know what to do with the ham if she never had a spiral-cut before. Either way, she was OTT wrong with what she did.

I'm not sure if this is a chain wide thing, but my honeybaked store sells the bone for practically nothing.  I think I paid $5 for the last one and there was quite a bit of ham left on it.  It does make the best soup!

BarensMom

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2012, 11:16:37 AM »
Methinks poor Tom should find somewhere else to spend Christmas and future holidays, with people  who appreciate Honeybaked Ham!  What a desecration! :'(