Author Topic: Your parlour trick  (Read 5929 times)

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
Re: Your parlour trick
« Reply #75 on: December 10, 2012, 06:54:53 AM »
I have a little story about a hedgehog and a chicken who play chicken, which goes with the trick.

Victoria

Nora

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2012, 12:35:10 PM »
My husband and I can do a spirited rendition of Bohemian rhapsody where we change up who sings the main bits very smoothly, but nobody ever asks us to do that. ;)

I have hypermobile joints, so I can bend so far it makes peoples gag reflexes kick in. I also speak 3 languages,  have a  pretty good memory for song lyrics and texts, and will perform anything from childrens rhymes and theme songs, to first aid mnemonics or Ibsen,depending on the audience. I'm a good cook, and friends with a lot of people who aren't, so feeding a bunch of people is my most popular party trick.

DH plays the guitar along with several other instruments and sings really well. In addition to this he retains more lame science jokes and wordpuns than is reasonable (they make me laugh pathetically hard), and can launch into a Mitch Hedberg - like routine from outta nowhere.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:44:07 AM by Nora »
Just because someone is offended that does not mean they are in the right.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »

Like that. Since the ring finger and middle finger share a tendon, you should not be able to tap your ring finger without moving your whole hand.

I can, though  :-\  I even had Eagle (BF) push down on my hand to make sure.

I can too!

I wonder if it has anything to do with playing strings music? Although both my fingering hand and my bow hand can tap...

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »

Like that. Since the ring finger and middle finger share a tendon, you should not be able to tap your ring finger without moving your whole hand.

I can, though  :-\  I even had Eagle (BF) push down on my hand to make sure.

I can too!

I wonder if it has anything to do with playing strings music? Although both my fingering hand and my bow hand can tap...

Nope...I played a violin once when I was like 5...I did play the flute for a year and can play the piano (I wouldn't say very well, though.  I taught myself a few songs, that's it).  I do, however, have long skinny fingers and they are quite agile (so to speak).
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.