A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Giving PA people what they "want" (Stories!) UPDATE P27

<< < (104/133) > >>

hjaye:

--- Quote from: Shalamar on December 05, 2012, 12:46:00 PM ---Speaking of restaurants, I remember when my grandmother was alive - she'd always deliberately order the cheapest thing on the menu and then complain about it.   My parents (who were paying) would beg her to order what she wanted to eat as opposed to the cheapest thing, but noooo!

--- End quote ---

That reminds me of this joke:

Lady 1: The food at this restaurant is terrible
Lady 2: Yes the food is dry, over cooked and barley edible
Lady 3: yes I agree, and the portions are so small...................... ba da bump

Twik:

--- Quote from: Diane AKA Traska on March 05, 2013, 10:43:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Shalamar on March 05, 2013, 07:42:04 AM ---Ha ha ha!   That reminds me of a story Tina Fey told in her book "Bossypants".   Amy Poehler told an off-color anecdote, and one of the male cast members of SNL said "Oh, don't talk like that!   It's so unladylike, and I don't like to hear it!"  (For the record, he was eavesdropping, so he didn't HAVE to hear it.).  Amy glared at him and said "I'll talk however I want.  I don't give a f*** what you like."

--- End quote ---

::Applause::

--- End quote ---
Why? That's pretty clear retaliatory rudeness.

Phoebelion:
Currently, DH is the Executor of his father's estate.  The other heir as well as numerous non-heirs have threatened to "fire" him because he is doing what his dad's will and the law say he must do.  Because he is not doing what they want him to do.

He asked who was taking over so he could send them the paperwork he had accumulated.

End of threats.

darling:

--- Quote from: Twik on January 14, 2014, 11:01:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: Diane AKA Traska on March 05, 2013, 10:43:41 AM ---
--- Quote from: Shalamar on March 05, 2013, 07:42:04 AM ---Ha ha ha!   That reminds me of a story Tina Fey told in her book "Bossypants".   Amy Poehler told an off-color anecdote, and one of the male cast members of SNL said "Oh, don't talk like that!   It's so unladylike, and I don't like to hear it!"  (For the record, he was eavesdropping, so he didn't HAVE to hear it.).  Amy glared at him and said "I'll talk however I want.  I don't give a f*** what you like."

--- End quote ---

::Applause::

--- End quote ---
Why? That's pretty clear retaliatory rudeness.

--- End quote ---

Between comedians, and especially in the situation Amy and Tina were  in at the time, when the guys were talking just like that in front of the "ladies", I'd say she stood her ground appropriately to the situation at hand. As someone who acts, generally offense is not taken at comebacks and retorts, but rather, a "you got me there!" and "how can we use this later???". They are in the entertainment business, not the etiquette business.

z_squared82:
Posting for updates at the moment. Will add when Iíve read everything. And made a list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version