Author Topic: Giving PA people what they "want" (Stories!) UPDATE P27  (Read 124472 times)

Runningstar

Re: Giving PA people what they "want" (Stories!) UPDATE P27
« Reply #570 on: January 23, 2014, 07:09:38 AM »
wow, I would rather have a yummy homecooked meal with family than go to the most expensive restaurant in the world!
I know!!  Me too!! 

Margo

« Reply #571 on: January 23, 2014, 07:33:34 AM »
Excellent come-back from your DH!

My parents were very good at stopping any of us going down the PA route as they would respond to what we said, not what we meant.

deadbody

« Reply #572 on: January 23, 2014, 08:33:04 AM »
DH has been to a Hooters and he said he found it rather sad.

I've only been a couple of times, but it was basically just like any other restaurant but with decent wings and more cleavage. No complaints from me. Plus it was really funny when our waitress turned out to be one of the kids my friend had counseled when he worked at a camp in high school.

The only time I went to hooters was as part of a group of a few people.  One of them decided to splurge and ordered the Dom Perignon and 8 wings plate for like $200 that was offered.  They brought it out, and he asked for some bleu cheese for the wings.  The waitress told him it would be an extra 25 cents.  He was peeved, and decided to make a point by having her get a manger to comp it (because she wouldn't/couldn't) last time I went there if the servers have that little amount of power to make the customers happy.

AzaleaBloom

• Help, I'm stepping into the twilight zone...
« Reply #573 on: January 23, 2014, 09:40:48 AM »
Glitter - we must have the same grandmother.  Mine is the queen of PA behavior, and she would pull that on every family vacation.  My mom started doing the same thing you did - wait for her to directly ask.  Apparently she would really grate on my grandfather's nerves by doing that - which is why we think she did it. 

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #574 on: January 23, 2014, 09:48:46 AM »

I roll my eyes at the guys who say they go for the wings. I want to snark "And I bet you read naughty magazines for the articles too, don't you?"  ::)

The wings really aren't that special, not anything you couldn't get anywhere else, anyway.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #575 on: January 23, 2014, 10:05:52 AM »
I like Hooters. I mean, it's not my favorite place to eat, but the waitresses are always friendly to us, the food is decent (same as any other sports bar) and they usually have games/fights on TV to watch. Yeah, the girls are in short shorts and tight tank tops. They're in similar get ups at any other sports bar I've been too. Though, now we're really into going to the Tilted Kilt, mostly because two of our friends are servers there. I think the food is a little better at the Kilt then at Hooters.

bloo

« Reply #576 on: January 23, 2014, 10:12:23 AM »

I roll my eyes at the guys who say they go for the wings. I want to snark "And I bet you read naughty magazines for the articles too, don't you?"  ::)

The wings really aren't that special, not anything you couldn't get anywhere else, anyway.

OT, but your comment about the wings is true. They're done as well or better at lots of places now. Twenty years ago, it was the only place to get good buffalo wings.

Twenty years ago, I was offered a job there, twice in year's period of time. And I've never been more than an...ahem 'B' cup. So no hooters there.

I remember a few of us gals going out for a few drinks and some food and we decided on Hooters. The wings and grouper sandwiches were excellent (at the time) and how the waitresses were dressed didn't even register on our radar. You would think with hot waitresses walking around scantily dressed, that no one would pay any attention to us. But all the rest of the patrons were men and we got a lot of unwanted attention. Still can't figure that one out years later. I smile when I think about going when I was 9 months pregnant and about to pop and the waitstaff looking like they felt sorry for me when I waddled in. They were so sweet and took good care of us.

But I remember many years ago, my DH's grandparents announced they'd went to Hooters for lunch. I was surprised and asked them what they thought of the place. Grandma said, "Well the food was okay...but I don't think we'll be going back."

I asked, "Why?"

Grandma thought about it and said, "It was too loud." ;D

We don't eat out much anyway but we popped in the last time we vacationed in Florida during winter (we live in Northeast Ohio).  DH wanted some wings and I'm always up for wings and then, grinning, asked for me to pose with the waitress for a picture to send to his buddies up north with the message, 'guess where I am?' just to annoy them.  ::)

GratefulMaria

« Reply #577 on: January 23, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »
My mother was fond of 'winning' disagreements by saying, 'I guess I'm just a flop and a failure as a mother.'
The last time I heard this phrase, I cued the crickets.  >:D

My mother's latest is a sad little "You hate me."  Can I borrow your crickets?

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #578 on: January 23, 2014, 10:16:50 AM »
Like the Hooter story (sorry if I told this one before)....

I was doing training for a company.  The person, Bev,  who I was working with would arrange for lunch at the various sites.
One site we were going to order pizza so Bev asked what kind of pizza everyone wanted.  One guy who had been a bit smart alecky the whole time said "Anchovy!"  Bev (and I) were getting a bit sick of his smartaleckiness so she went and ordered an Anchovy pizza (among others).  When the pizza came, she brought it to him and said "Here is your anchovy pizza".   He sputtered and said "I was just kidding!"

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #579 on: January 23, 2014, 10:19:05 AM »
It's been ages since I went to a Hooter's, but I didn't find the wings all that tasty *and* some of the wings still had feathers on them.  Yuck.

Shalamar

« Reply #580 on: January 23, 2014, 11:16:18 AM »
That reminds me of Bart Simpson ordering the squid platter, extra tentacles, and being grossed out when he actually got it.

Cherry91

« Reply #581 on: January 23, 2014, 03:23:24 PM »
Posting for updates - I eat stuff like this up!  >:D

ETA: Suddenly remembered one - my friends and I called it PassiveAgressiveCeption. In my second year of university, I had a housemate who turned out to be horrible, and one of his worst traits was how very PA he was. Finally, one of the other housemates called him on it. Once he'd "learned" what Passive Aggressive meant - we all agreed he was trying to put other housemate on the spot, there's no way it was the first time THAT accusation had been thrown at him - he proceeded to find as many different definitions as possible and read them out in such a hurt tone, going "I'm not like that am I?" That's right, he was passive aggressive about being passive aggressive.

He only pulled it on me once - he asked to borrow a dictionary (I was an English student, it was a safe bet) so he could yet again look up the phrase passive aggressive, read it in a hurt tone and ask if I thought he was like that. I looked him dead in the eye and said "Allan, if you got worse they'd start putting your picture under the definition."
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:22:43 PM by Cherry91 »

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #582 on: January 23, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »
I"m a big fan of korean style fried chicken.  yum, yum yummy.  Bon Chon seems to be a chain in the NE.  Not sure how far south or west it's traveled

Katana_Geldar

« Reply #583 on: January 23, 2014, 05:29:22 PM »

According to DH, you can very much read naughty magazines for the articles. Particularly Playboy.

GlitterIsMyDrug

« Reply #584 on: January 23, 2014, 05:33:06 PM »

According to DH, you can very much read naughty magazines for the articles. Particularly Playboy.
They do have really good articles! I can't speak for any of the other ones out there, but Playboy has a pretty good variety of topics.