General Etiquette > general

When you can't tip on a credit card

<< < (15/15)

I must have missed it then.  I haven't seen reference to legalities except by Willynilly.

--- Quote from: chigrrl1 on November 27, 2012, 09:08:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jones on November 27, 2012, 08:50:11 AM ---I personally keep a handful of singles in my purse in case of emergency. Could be anything from a tip to a helpful panhandler, needing change for a quarter machine or an honest kid who says "Excuse me, you dropped this". I can understand if you don't want that, however.

How would you feel about $5 gift cards?

--- End quote ---
Not to be a negative nelly, but one of the common ways that people get their purses snatched  is while they dig around looking for change or singles.  The request for spare change is a distraction and a way to determine if the person has actual money in their bag.  Just a heads up, this is common enough where I don't give to panhandlers and always report them when they are outside places of business, they are a bit of a problem around here.  As regards gift cards, $5 seems a bit much when that's how much you are spending for your coffee and muffin already.  It is nice that you'd give a kid a couple bucks for being helpful though! :)

--- End quote ---

If you are worried about getting your purse snatched while inside this coffee shop I think the best thing to do is find a safer shop and make sure they do let you tip on your card. 

Otherwise accept that if you continue to go there you just can't tip.

To some extent the advice to find a safer shop can be impractical at best.  If your workplace and/or homw are in dangerous areas then getting a coffee is probably going to occur there.  To go out of your way and come back is not a workable solution for most people.

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version