General Etiquette > Life...in general

When you can't tip on a credit card

<< < (15/15)

Sootikin:
I must have missed it then.  I haven't seen reference to legalities except by Willynilly.

Sootikin:

--- Quote from: chigrrl1 on November 27, 2012, 10:08:21 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jones on November 27, 2012, 09:50:11 AM ---I personally keep a handful of singles in my purse in case of emergency. Could be anything from a tip to a helpful panhandler, needing change for a quarter machine or an honest kid who says "Excuse me, you dropped this". I can understand if you don't want that, however.

How would you feel about $5 gift cards?

--- End quote ---
Not to be a negative nelly, but one of the common ways that people get their purses snatched  is while they dig around looking for change or singles.  The request for spare change is a distraction and a way to determine if the person has actual money in their bag.  Just a heads up, this is common enough where I don't give to panhandlers and always report them when they are outside places of business, they are a bit of a problem around here.  As regards gift cards, $5 seems a bit much when that's how much you are spending for your coffee and muffin already.  It is nice that you'd give a kid a couple bucks for being helpful though! :)

--- End quote ---

If you are worried about getting your purse snatched while inside this coffee shop I think the best thing to do is find a safer shop and make sure they do let you tip on your card. 

Otherwise accept that if you continue to go there you just can't tip.

Sharnita:
To some extent the advice to find a safer shop can be impractical at best.  If your workplace and/or homw are in dangerous areas then getting a coffee is probably going to occur there.  To go out of your way and come back is not a workable solution for most people.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version