General Etiquette > Etiquette of the Rich and Famous

Justin Bieber's Overalls

(1/12) > >>

MamaMootz:
I know, this isn't a hot topic but I just caught this picture today and I'm shocked that he would dress this way to meet a government official - a prime minister, no less.

My 10 year old would know better than this. What was he thinking? I don't condone anyone calling him "white trash" but for the love of all things holy, dress properly for this occasion.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1697881/justin-bieber-overalls-canadian-prime-minister.jhtml

guihong:
I'm thinking he was actually in an arena, maybe rehearsing or otherwise occupied, and the PM just happened by.  The comments say that the flags were props.  So it was a big surprise to him.  He even looks surprised in the picture.  I know the President could show up at my house and surprise me in my Betty Boop pajama pants.  If a camera goes off, oh well.

If this was a formal occasion in Ottawa, then yes, very inappropriate.

(I say that as a non-fan).

HermioneGranger:
It's about as appropriate as flip flops in the White House, which a women's sports team thought it okay to wear to meet (then) President Bush a few years back.  I think it's tacky, and extremely disrespectful.  You're meeting the leader of your country, for deity's sake.  Wear something appropriate. 

CaptainObvious:

--- Quote from: MamaMootz on November 27, 2012, 09:57:03 AM ---I know, this isn't a hot topic but I just caught this picture today and I'm shocked that he would dress this way to meet a government official - a prime minister, no less.

My 10 year old would know better than this. What was he thinking? I don't condone anyone calling him "white trash" but for the love of all things holy, dress properly for this occasion.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1697881/justin-bieber-overalls-canadian-prime-minister.jhtml

--- End quote ---

I really thought that more people would be upset about this. This is worse than the flip flop incident in my opinion.

diesel_darlin:
At least he wasn't in that getup he had on the night of the AMA's.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version