Author Topic: Justin Bieber's Overalls  (Read 10054 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Justin Bieber's Overalls
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 10:51:37 AM »
We watched Men In Black III the other night. I laughed out loud when I caught sight of their screen that shows all aliens inhabiting the planet Earth and Justin Bieber was one of them. 

Maybe THAT explains it. ;)

I don't like him, I don't dislike him either.  I just don't get what the hype is.

All generations of teenage girls must have their idols. The act of entrenching an idol immediately makes those outside the range react with emotions ranging from hostility to bewilderment (the antipathy is strongest in those who want to make it clear that they are neither teenagers, nor girls).

People once reacted the same way to Frank Sinatra, although I'd say the odds are that Bieber will not fall into the same category.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 11:20:16 AM »
I'm not a Bieber fan necessarily, but he is a talented person and as far as I know is not offensive in any way.  Why do so many "hate" him?  Have I missed something or is it just, "we don't like pop stars - yuck."

onyonryngs

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 11:22:30 AM »
I'm not a Bieber fan necessarily, but he is a talented person and as far as I know is not offensive in any way.  Why do so many "hate" him?  Have I missed something or is it just, "we don't like pop stars - yuck."

Not a fan of his music, and I don't see "talent," just a product.  And I don't think he's as adorable as he seems to think he is.  I don't hate him necessarily, but I will go out of my way to avoid him.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 12:07:46 PM »
We watched Men In Black III the other night. I laughed out loud when I caught sight of their screen that shows all aliens inhabiting the planet Earth and Justin Bieber was one of them. 

Maybe THAT explains it. ;)

I don't like him, I don't dislike him either.  I just don't get what the hype is.

All generations of teenage girls must have their idols. The act of entrenching an idol immediately makes those outside the range react with emotions ranging from hostility to bewilderment (the antipathy is strongest in those who want to make it clear that they are neither teenagers, nor girls).

People once reacted the same way to Frank Sinatra, although I'd say the odds are that Bieber will not fall into the same category.

This is true enough.   I think the hate also comes from people who will just hate whatever the hype is because it seems cool.   I remember one guy I knew used to just LOVE Jar Jar Binks but when the outlash started he jumped on the bandwagon and denied ever liking Jar Jar.   ::)

I don't know enough about the guy other than he's Canadian and got discovered because of his YouTube videos, and I  haven't heard enough of his music to really have an opinion on it.  With 3 boys and my radio set forever to a classic rock station, I don't hear much of his music.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 12:56:11 PM »
I think the hate also comes from people who will just hate whatever the hype is because it seems cool.   

This seems to be the reasoning I am seeing.  From what I know, he is a talented kid who plays numerous instruments, sings, dances, entertains, and is not into drugs or alcohol or kicking puppies.  I haven't heard of a single offensive thing he's ever done (unless you consider this to be it) so for so many people to "hate" him is strange to me! To not like his music is one thing, but it's not like he's a talentless lip syncher famous for nothing (like a Kardashian or something).

CakeBeret

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 02:49:55 PM »
I think the hate also comes from people who will just hate whatever the hype is because it seems cool.   

This seems to be the reasoning I am seeing.  From what I know, he is a talented kid who plays numerous instruments, sings, dances, entertains, and is not into drugs or alcohol or kicking puppies.  I haven't heard of a single offensive thing he's ever done (unless you consider this to be it) so for so many people to "hate" him is strange to me! To not like his music is one thing, but it's not like he's a talentless lip syncher famous for nothing (like a Kardashian or something).

I don't hate him, but I dislike his music and he comes across as entitled. I suspect that many people dislike him largely (or solely) because they find his music irritating.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
he comes across as entitled.

How so?  I haven't heard anything like that!

CakeBeret

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 04:46:14 PM »
he comes across as entitled.

How so?  I haven't heard anything like that!

It's been the impression I've gotten from various media, though I don't follow Bieber news too closely. Here is one article I found, though:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/08/09/justin-bieber-earning-reputation-for-hollywoods-biggest-brat/

"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2012, 04:54:40 PM »

It's been the impression I've gotten from various media, though I don't follow Bieber news too closely. Here is one article I found, though:

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/08/09/justin-bieber-earning-reputation-for-hollywoods-biggest-brat/

Ah - thanks for the link - I had never heard any of that!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2012, 08:54:01 PM »
Me neither, and I didn't really care for the "typical teen" line. Yeah, that is the stereotypical teen behavior but I do think it rang like an excuse for his behavior that it's just that the camera catches him doing things all teen boys.   If any of my boys put their hand through a cake that was meant for several people to eat, star or no star status, they'd get an earful in their trailer from me.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

nolechica

• Super Hero!
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2012, 01:51:35 AM »
I don't dislike Justin for any reasons that aren't musical, but his manager does him no favors on the brat front IMO. The manager's post-Grammy nom rant was over the top when Justin wasn't nominated this year.

blahblahblah

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2012, 12:03:02 PM »
I haven't heard of a single offensive thing he's ever done (unless you consider this to be it) so for so many people to "hate" him is strange to me!
In addition to what the pp said, Justin got a LOT of hate after he did a...polarizing (to say the least) interview with Rolling Stone. I won't get into the details here, because it talks about a major hot-button issue, but you can probably google it if you want to find out more. Or PM me if you'd like.

I'm not saying whether the hate after that interview was justified or not - I really don't want to start up the debate again lol - I'm just pointing out that he has been ensnared in some controversy that has added fuel to the fire, so to speak.

MamaMootz

• I'm a lumberjack and I'm O.K....
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 05:27:09 PM »
I think my DD doesn't like him because she doesn't like his music, and thinks his appearance is absurd (the hair). Also, I think it's rebellious as a lot of tweens her age are loving Bieber, so it makes her stand out to not love him.

Plus, she pretty much hates all boy bands because she thinks they are "stupid". The current One Direction craze also makes her nutty.

I don't like him because he's a product, like a PP said. I'm grateful she doesn't like him, actually.
"I like pie" - DD's Patented Bean Dip Maneuver

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »
I just get this vibe he's mean, entitled, snobby, and makes fun of others.  I physically have a difficult time looking at his face.  It's rare when I get that feeling, but whenever I have the same vibe with other public figures, I'm eventually proved right.

eta:  I don't even feel that strongly about the Kardashians, Honey Boo Boo, Snookie and I know they turn off a lot of people.  There's just something about Justin, but I can't put my finger on it.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:22:12 PM by rose red »