Author Topic: Pork roast in the crockpot.  (Read 736 times)

MOM21SON

Pork roast in the crockpot.
« on: November 27, 2012, 07:22:17 PM »
It is some BBQ rubbed thing.  I want to toss it in the crockpot in the morning.  How much liquid should I add?

TIA!

Seven Ate Nine

Re: Pork roast in the crockpot.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 07:25:16 PM »
It really doesn't need much, especially if you're me and it's frozen  ;)

I don't usually measure, but I just put enough liquid in to cover the bottom of the crockpot.  As long as the lid fits right, no steam should really escape and all of the liquid should stay in the pot.

MOM21SON

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 07:44:41 PM »
It really doesn't need much, especially if you're me and it's frozen  ;)

I don't usually measure, but I just put enough liquid in to cover the bottom of the crockpot.  As long as the lid fits right, no steam should really escape and all of the liquid should stay in the pot.

Thank you!  It is frozen solid, I need to thaw a bit to open it.  I hope I don't drop it and break my foot or chip the tile.

I am not a fan of pork at all, but I refuse to buy more food until my cupboards are bare.

doodlemor

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »
I don't put any liquid at all in with a pork shoulder roast.  It seems to have quite enough of its own.  I've never done a pork rib roast in the crockpot, so I don't know how much that would take.

When I was working and had to put things on early I used to put a frozen roast into the removable crockpot crock, and then put the whole thing in the microwave on high for about 5 minutes.  Then I would take it out of the microwave and put it into the crockpot and add seasonings and so forth.  Five minutes in the microwave was enough to thaw out the outer part of the roast, so that it wouldn't be so cold as to crack the ceramic pot.

Best of luck with your recipe - it sounds very tasty.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 10:32:42 PM »
It is some BBQ rubbed thing.  I want to toss it in the crockpot in the morning.  How much liquid should I add?

TIA!

Add about a half cup of apple juice.  Delicious!