General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

Annoying Coworker Thinks I'm Rude for Not Attending

(1/3) > >>

BeagleMommy:
Background:  I used to supervise our work study students.  To alleviate some of my workload, my director removed that duty from me and gave it to Annoying Coworker.  Every year, before finals start, we have a Christmas lunch to thank the work study students for their time.

Two weeks ago Annoying Coworker sent out an email listing the date and time of the lunch.  It was scheduled for today.  I had an appointment today (that I had scheduled weeks prior) that I could not cancel so I emailed her and said that I would not be able to attend.

Well, I returned from my appointment a few minutes ago and she stopped me at my desk and said the following:

"I think you were very rude not to attend the work study luncheon.  It's like you're telling them you don't appreciate them."

What?!  Thankfully, I did not JADE.  I simply said nothing and stared at her for a few minutes before she stomped off to her own office.  When she left I did this  ::).

I was sorely tempted to say "I didn't realize your invitation was a summons".  I didn't; but I reallllllllly wanted to.  >:D

guihong:
That was just sour grapes for not coming to the party that SHE had to get together  ::).

It might be a good idea to thank your work-study students with whom you work closely.

BeagleMommy:
Gui:

Believe me I thank them.  I plan on getting each of them a small gift before we break for the holidays.

guihong:

--- Quote from: BeagleMommy on November 28, 2012, 02:15:30 PM ---Gui:

Believe me I thank them.  I plan on getting each of them a small gift before we break for the holidays.

--- End quote ---

I knew you would be all kinds of awesome ;).

penelope2017:
What is "JADE?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version