Author Topic: What not to say to your DIL or why I love my DH  (Read 5042 times)

proudmama

What not to say to your DIL or why I love my DH
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:09:20 PM »
I recently got highlights.  I have very dark brown hair and am very pale. I figured that part of why I looked so pale was the dark hair, so the highlights. 

We had dinner with the in-laws shortly after I got the highlights.  MIL says to me:  'Your hair looks nice now.  It's about time you got rid of that mousy brown, it was awful.'  Before I could even respond, DH says 'Mom, that is so rude.  She was just as beautiful before she got the highlights.'  I knew I married him for a reason.   :)

andi

Re: What not to say to your DIL or why I love my DH
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
Awe - very sweet!  And extra points for noticing - I once  went from blonde to RED and it took my hubby almost a week to notice!

Kaypeep

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 06:19:56 PM »
I recently got highlights.  I have very dark brown hair and am very pale. I figured that part of why I looked so pale was the dark hair, so the highlights. 

We had dinner with the in-laws shortly after I got the highlights.  MIL says to me:  'Your hair looks nice now.  It's about time you got rid of that mousy brown, it was awful.'  Before I could even respond, DH says 'Mom, that is so rude.  She was just as beautiful before she got the highlights.'  I knew I married him for a reason.   :)

Bravo to your DH!  What a terrible thing to say! 
What did your MIL say after that????

proudmama

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 10:42:11 PM »

Bravo to your DH!  What a terrible thing to say! 
What did your MIL say after that????

She realized what she said and tried to back track that it didn't come out right.  Honestly, I don't think she meant it the way it came out.  But I loved DH's response.   :)

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 11:58:58 PM »
That was a tacky thing for your MIL to say. I'm proud of your hubby for you.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 01:40:31 AM »
Sounds like one of those "foot in mouth" things that we've all done at some point. I don't think she meant it to come out that way.

Your husband's comment was sweet.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 04:42:53 AM »

<spouse of the week award to Mr. ProudMamma>

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

BeagleMommy

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »
Yay, to Mr. ProudMama!  He gets the Good Hubby award.

Emmy

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2012, 12:55:38 PM »
Compliment etiquette:  When complimenting somebody on a change in appearance, do not say anything negative about how the person looked before the change.  Good for your DH.

VltGrantham

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
Kudos to your DH!  (And you, for obviously having such excellent taste!)

heartmug

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 02:40:15 PM »
That is so great!
The trouble is not that the world is full of fools, it's just that lightening isn't distributed right.  - Mark Twain