General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

When your boss lives on another planet

(1/4) > >>

scarlett:
I work in an office (trying to be vague here) and we are having some cash flow issues. As in- vendors are on hold, employees checks are bouncing, general mismanagment issues. I got an e-mail from the bosses' wife saying they were wondering if we wanted to have the staff Christmas party at Che Swanky? Mind you- we don't have enough money for the postage meter but we have enough for a catered party?

The mind boggles!

The staff collectively voted to not have a party and would just wish they paid their bills and employees on time. How to convey this to Boss and wife (who is also the bookkeeper and knows the money situation)?

MrTango:
I would send a reply stating that a company-hosted christsmas "seems to be an inappropriate expenditure given that the company is apparently struggling to meet its payroll obligations".

Direct =/= rude.

Redneck Gravy:

--- Quote from: MrTango on November 30, 2012, 01:21:43 PM ---I would send a reply stating that a company-hosted christsmas "seems to be an inappropriate expenditure given that the company is apparently struggling to meet its payroll obligations".

Direct =/= rude.

--- End quote ---

POD

bopper:
If the boss is not the owner, I would bring this issue up to his higher ups.

YummyMummy66:
I love Mr. Tango's response.

I might also reply along the lines of somehow letting them know that the employees have no desire to attend any Christmas function until the company can afford to pay them on time without their chiecks bouncing. 

I think that they might get the hint when no one shows up to their fancy, schmancy Christmas party.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version