A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Latex mattresses?

(1/4) > >>

HorseFreak:
Anyone here have a natural latex mattress? I'm in the market for a new bed and I'm thinking that a natural latex mattress would be a really good thing for me. I fall asleep on my side/stomach (really halfway in between) and I always wake up flat on my back. I've had pillowtop and regular innerspring mattresses all my life and have been really unhappy with how they sag after only a couple years. My back isn't in great shape and I have a very physically demanding job.

I'd ideally like a queen size, probably a medium firmness 6" Dunlop with 2" Talalay top. I've looked at both Habitat and Plush Beds and it's looking like that will cost me around $2000. I've heard the latex mattresses in general hold up for much longer so that makes me feel a little better about the price, but it's still a chunk of change to drop!

Any thoughts or experiences?

EmmaJ.:
I don't have a latex mattress, but just wanted to put in a good word for Sleep Number mattresses.  I've had mine for five or six years now and still dearly love it.

It's perfect for me as sometimes I want a firm surface to sleep on, other nights I might want a soft and cuddley bed.

Here is their link if you want to check it out:  http://www.sleepnumber.com

gramma dishes:
I'm not sure what a latex bed is.  Is that what they call Temperpedic or is that something altogether different?

I'm very interested in this thread because we also are planning to get a new mattress right after Christmas and I have no idea what kind to get.

HorseFreak:

--- Quote from: gramma dishes on November 30, 2012, 09:39:05 PM ---I'm not sure what a latex bed is.  Is that what they call Temperpedic or is that something altogether different?

I'm very interested in this thread because we also are planning to get a new mattress right after Christmas and I have no idea what kind to get.

--- End quote ---

Tempur-Pedic is a synthetic memory foam, while the best latex beds are made out of pure natural latex. Sleeplikethedead.com has fantastic unbiased information including reviews of various companies and explains the differences and general customer satisfaction for each type of bed.

gramma dishes:
^^^  Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version