General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

When a Boss doesn’t accept your expertise…Final Update #19

<< < (5/5)

Octavia:

--- Quote from: DollyPond on February 02, 2013, 11:31:42 AM ---The bottom line is - now no one in the lab takes her seriously and she has lost a considerable amount of credibility due to her lack of leadership and decision-maiking.

--- End quote ---
Any chance the interim director is aware of this and has learned a lesson?

DollyPond:

--- Quote from: Octavia on February 02, 2013, 11:36:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: DollyPond on February 02, 2013, 11:31:42 AM ---The bottom line is - now no one in the lab takes her seriously and she has lost a considerable amount of credibility due to her lack of leadership and decision-maiking.

--- End quote ---
Any chance the interim director is aware of this and has learned a lesson?

--- End quote ---

One can hope but I think it's not really the case.  One of the other things she is doing is second guessing the work of one of our most experienced workers (40 years on the job) with statements like "Are you sure you're sending this to the right place?"  So it's not just me that she is annoying.

Most of us have concluded that this interim position has shown without a doubt that she does not have the temperament for the job.  She will be so stressed that she will either have a stroke or be prescribed so many anxiety medications that she will be non-functional.  Yet the rumor still persists that she wants serious consideration for the permanent post.

Auntie Mame:
Wow, what a nightmare.  I'm with previous PP's.  Document. Document. Document.  Every impractical suggestion she comes up with, calculate the risk of it actually happening in real life and the cost to the company.

Reading this makes me so happy my direct supervisor used to do my job.  She is incredibly protective of me when people in my company want to pile more work on me that isn't practical.  She knows how hard my job is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version