Author Topic: tell me about using pressure cookers  (Read 2915 times)

rashea

• Super Hero!
Re: tell me about using pressure cookers
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 04:58:56 PM »
I don't know if this will help with some of the concerns, but here's one that's pretty self regulating.

Rashea, I've been using a manual pressure cooker for decades.  But am considering upgrading to an electronic.  Did you ever use a manual one?  Have you found benefit to the electornic one like it getting up to pressure faster?

I use a manual. The electric just wouldn't be a good choice for my off grid house. I was looking at this for my sister.
"Manners change, principles don't. It's about treating people with consideration, respect and honesty." Peter Post

Vermont

EMuir

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
I microwave potatoes... peel, cut in quarters, put on plate, cover with wrap, nuke for under 10 min.

My partner had used a slow cooker before she left home.  So we bought a very good quality one and were sure to follow instructions.  The third time we used it, the two pressure-releasing valves failed to do their thing and the final safety, the rubber ring sealing the pot, gave way.  It released hot pork juice downward onto the stove, spraying and ricocheting off all over the kitchen.  We were wiping pork fat off everything for hours.  We bought another cooker but have been reluctant to use it.  We plan ahead now and just slow cook things.

tigerbreath

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »
I pressure-steam hard-cooked eggs regularly (12 minutes on low pressure). They peel beautifully.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 12:38:11 PM »
We have a manual pressure cooker. I almost never use it except for when we make rouladen. It's a German meal of thinly sliced steak rolled up with onions, bacon and whole grain mustard...served with homemade spaetzle and gravy...YUM!

My MIL taught me how to make it in a pressure cooker so that's how we make it. I don't think I've used it for anything else.
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.