Author Topic: picking on my aunt on Facebook  (Read 4355 times)

bbgirl

Re: picking on my aunt on Facebook
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 11:27:22 PM »
Yeah, I gotta agree this is a pretty PA way to mock their requests.  Why not just be an adult by respecting her requests and send her pics with normal conversation?

stargazer

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2012, 12:28:07 AM »
Your title says it all.  You're picking on your aunt.  It seems very PA and rude. 

thedudeabides

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2012, 12:35:10 AM »
Seems like it'd be easier to just message her how to block the game requests. And much more mature.

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 06:24:58 AM »
I'm with everyone else.

For someone who places a lot of value on connecting with others, I'm surprised you're thinking of being so mean spirited to your aunt when she's made a reasonable request.  When she does 'get it' I imagine her opinion of you and your sister will be quite damaged.

Tilt Fairy

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 06:44:19 AM »
I agree with everyone. Not only is it mean but it's also really annoying and sad. Even if she does find it amusing for a bit, she'll still find it annoying. They're not mutually exclusive. I she does like it, great, carry on. I just don't know why anyone would go to the effort to do something like this. Spam for game requests is up there as one of the most annoying things about the internet, I can only imagine that it would be 10x more annoying to be sent something that wasn't a game request designed as a game request. She made a reasonable comment. Nobody likes to be constantly invited to these game things. She said she wanted to carry on having an interest in your lives and photos - so just carry on doing this with her.

Iris

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 06:45:13 AM »
I thought it sounded like a cute take on the fb game requests, and my interpretation was that you were not intending to 'pick on' or in any way get back at your aunt, but judging by the posts here, it sounds like it could badly backfire.

If you clue Aunt in so that there is no chance of it being misinterpreted it might still be workable.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:01 AM »
I disagree Iris, the thread title makes it clear Toots considers this picking on her aunt as well.

War_Doc

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2012, 08:47:25 AM »
Toots, I am not quite sure what to say in regard to your retalitory rudeness.  I do know you need to really rethink your position when you come to these boards to "boast" about your rudeness.  Someone asked everyone nicely not to do something and you do it anyway.  Not very nice on your part.
By their victory, the 3rd, 4th and 5th Marine Divisions and other units of the Fifth Amphibious Corps have made an accounting to their country which only history will be able to value fully. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue."

--Admiral C. W. Nimitz

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2012, 08:59:06 AM »
I don't know that I find aunt's request completely reasonable because those game reqests are almost always sent to everyone. The player doesn't actually decide to semd aunt anythimg. So I think her request is a bit silly. That being saig, I thimk the jo,e proposed here would come off as mocking so I would not do it.

sourwolf

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 09:11:49 AM »
I don't know that I find aunt's request completely reasonable because those game reqests are almost always sent to everyone. The player doesn't actually decide to semd aunt anythimg. So I think her request is a bit silly. That being saig, I thimk the jo,e proposed here would come off as mocking so I would not do it.

Until a recent thread here on EH I had no idea that people didn't specifically send FB game requests, so there is no reason to think that the Aunt knows otherwise. 

Toots is being PA and rude.