Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Dear Abby: Party Letter 12/3/12 Nightmare Guest

<< < (2/9) > >>

Barb3000:

--- Quote from: JenJay on December 03, 2012, 07:04:00 AM ---I'd refuse to invite him despite his "demand" and tell him why. "I'm sorry, Jim, but we only have space for 15 guests. Every time we've invited you you've brought 10 extra guests we hadn't planned for and I'm afraid we can't accommodate you anymore."

--- End quote ---

exactly. Except I wouldn't mention the "space" issue. Just the fact that he is inviting "HIS" guests to your party is beyond rude and a good enough reason to exclude him.

cicero:

--- Quote from: Venus193 on December 03, 2012, 08:07:09 AM ---I agree with both of you. 

I would definitely address this because it is beyond presumptuous.  Leaving him off the guest list was clearly an inadequate solution.

--- End quote ---
leaving him off the guest would have been fine had the hosts not caved in.

they need to not invite him, period.

he can whine all he wants, but he isn't *entitled* to an invitation.

what a loon

Venus193:
My friend Eunice was in a position like this earlier this year over a double-dipping guest.

She did not invite the woman for St Patrick's Day, on which occasion Double Dipper called repeatedly.  Eunice ignored the phone (thanks to caller ID) until a guest answered and passed the phone to her.  She then told her why she didn't invite her in the first place.  Not a word from Double Dipper since.

rose red:

--- Quote from: JenJay on December 03, 2012, 07:04:00 AM ---I'd refuse to invite him despite his "demand" and tell him why. "I'm sorry, Jim, but we only have space for 15 guests. Every time we've invited you you've brought 10 extra guests we hadn't planned for and I'm afraid we can't won't accommodate you anymore."

--- End quote ---

Fixed that.  ;)

Winterlight:
1. No.

2. No. "I'm so sorry- Jim has apparently decided to invite people and not tell us. We cannot accomodate his guests."

3. I'd refuse to invite Jim and tell him why. Block his email and find a nicer person to have in his place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version