General Etiquette > Life...in general

New Neighbor: Peeping Tammy

<< < (2/27) > >>

amylouky:

--- Quote from: Wittyone on December 03, 2012, 04:24:19 PM ---I came to say the same thing Jedikaiti said.  He needs to cut her off, bluntly if needed.

Can you put up some kind of screen on your balcony that would block her view?

--- End quote ---

That's a great idea, and would definitely send the message that her attention/admiration is not appreciated.

WillyNilly:
I think your DH should say something directly to her.  But I also think he should let the building management know about her calling out to him while he's on the balcony.  Presumably there is some sort of line in your contracts about noise, and about allowing others the right to enjoy their space, etc.  I can't imagine the other neighbors like having to hear her call out across the balconies either.

artk2002:
Your DH *must* put Tammy in her place, ASAP. Bluntly. "Tammy, your attention to me is inappropriate. Stop. Don't *ever* call out to me when I'm working out and if you aren't willing to accept help from my wife and only from me, then don't ask for help."

weeblewobble:

--- Quote from: artk2002 on December 03, 2012, 04:39:34 PM ---Your DH *must* put Tammy in her place, ASAP. Bluntly. "Tammy, your attention to me is inappropriate. Stop. Don't *ever* call out to me when I'm working out and if you aren't willing to accept help from my wife and only from me, then don't ask for help."

--- End quote ---

This.  We've told women in this situation that they have to speak up for themselves to curb the behavior, and it's the same for men.  Otherwise Tammy won't believe that the reluctance comes from your DH, but from you or at least a desire to keep you off of his back.  You wouldn't believe what people who don't hear "no" will tell themselves to rationalize their behavior.

CaptainObvious:
If your Husband isn't willing to say something to her, then what does he expect to happen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version