Author Topic: It's that time of year! Take Care of yourself!  (Read 810 times)

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
It's that time of year! Take Care of yourself!
« on: December 04, 2012, 09:12:16 AM »
I had my mamms grammed yesterday!  Is it time for you to make your appointment? 

TIme to make dentist appointment as well.

What do you need to do to take care of yourself today?

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

jane7166

Re: It's that time of year! Take Care of yourself!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »
Three shots in the knee.  I hope I can get them in before Dec 31. 

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
  • I have an extradition treaty with all spiders
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
I've got to figure out why it feels like I'm being strangled!
We've ruled out my asthma, involuntary throat spasms, thyroid, and numerous other things.
My husband wants me to ride a century with him in 2013, so I've got to get my respiratory health in order (for myself and my own quality of life as well).
The old man had all his own teeth, but only because no-one else could possibly have wanted them.
-Good Omens

joraemi

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:45:22 AM »
I've got to figure out why it feels like I'm being strangled!
We've ruled out my asthma, involuntary throat spasms, thyroid, and numerous other things.
My husband wants me to ride a century with him in 2013, so I've got to get my respiratory health in order (for myself and my own quality of life as well).

(OT - what does that mean?)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
I'm going to guess that a century is a 100 mile ride.

I've just made an appointment for January to have the impressions done and be fitted with a new bite plate for sleeping at night to keep me from grinding my teeth and to alleviate the effects of clenching.  I'm not eligible for a new one until December 15th so I decided to not stress myself out in the two weeks leading up to Christmas and have it done right away in the new year.  I still have my old one; it is just showing signs of wear.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 11:56:09 AM »

I've just made an appointment for January to have the impressions done and be fitted with a new bite plate for sleeping at night to keep me from grinding my teeth and to alleviate the effects of clenching.  I'm not eligible for a new one until December 15th so I decided to not stress myself out in the two weeks leading up to Christmas and have it done right away in the new year.  I still have my old one; it is just showing signs of wear.

That's correct, Outdoor Girl.  I'm new to cycling and sometimes forget that it has it's own lingo :)

The old man had all his own teeth, but only because no-one else could possibly have wanted them.
-Good Omens

joraemi

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »

That's correct, Outdoor Girl.  I'm new to cycling and sometimes forget that it has it's own lingo :)

ALL at once?? 

Wow - what a great goal!!  Good for you!

Jelaza

• Meow
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »
I don't have to do dentist until February (appt already made) or doctors until April (too early to make appt).  I get to do the holiday season with no worries.

(This is important to me, since my last cancer diagnosis was given to me on New Year's Eve after a biopsy the day after Christmas.  The worrying is even more distressing than the results.)

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »
After multiple trips to the chiropractor, stretching, and a visit to my regular doctor, I broke down and took the 4 Advil this morning that Dr. Regular said that I could take (3 times a week if needed) to get rid of the just.awful.terrible back pain that I've had for almost a month. Ya know how a cramp in your calf(charlie horse) feels like? It's worse when it's in the muscles of your back. 13 hours later, my back feels like it's brand new.  ;D

I had a fasting blood draw last Tuesday, and went in the next day to talk to the doctor about the results. Thyroid, HDL, glucose, and triglyceride levels were very good. My cholesterol level was 135. Dr. Regular says for me to stay away from red meat and fried foods, and not take Calcium supplements. I'm to go the dietary calcium route (milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.) On my own, I will be eating more oatmeal and Cheerios, and taking a multivitamin. He wanted me to have a mammogram soon, and a Pap Smear next year sometime.  (My 3rd colonoscopy will probably be scheduled for sometime in 2014 or 2015)

I have to be at the local hospital by 6:30am Dec. 14, to check in for the mammogram.

My every-4th-month dental cleaning/checkup is Dec. 18 at 1:30pm.

My twice-yearly cataract and glaucoma check/annual vision screening is in February sometime.

GratefulMaria

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 09:53:19 PM »
I need to keep up my physical therapy exercises but rest my strained hip area; need to find the sweet spot of long-enough-but-not-too-long for resting.

Dentist first part of the new year, general physical and vision appointments happen in the spring and fall.

And sleep.  As in, get to bed before midnight.  Starting tonight.

Great thread!

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 11:18:28 PM »
I got a battery operated spinning toothbrush and finally had an excellent check-up at the dentist!
That sucker (spinner) works even when I am too tired to do a good job!

I need to sign up for another 5k.  The practice leading up keeps me on weight-loss.  Perusing e-hell does not.

It is so sweet for joraemi to remind us to take care. 
Thank-you! 
As much as I do not want to be poked and squished, I know it is time...
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 01:19:30 AM »

ALL at once?? 

Sometimes it's 100 kilometers, which is quite a bit shorter - although still a full day's ride!  The difficulty also depends on where you are - temperature (see the Hotter'N Hell Hundred), season, and whether half of those 100 miles are going up mountains and the other half are coming down  :P

Good luck with your training, Portiafimbriata - I haven't been riding in years and I miss it!

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 02:01:25 AM »

I still haven't had a flu shot. Friday i will. I have my handy-dandy insurance card that acts like a debit card. I have talked to the techs at my local pharmacy, and i am comfortable with them. I have run out of excuses, and i am prone to illness. Friday. Flu shot.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

portiafimbriata

• a.k.a. Mrs. Hexbane
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 09:10:05 AM »

ALL at once?? 

Sometimes it's 100 kilometers, which is quite a bit shorter - although still a full day's ride!  The difficulty also depends on where you are - temperature (see the Hotter'N Hell Hundred), season, and whether half of those 100 miles are going up mountains and the other half are coming down  :P

Good luck with your training, Portiafimbriata - I haven't been riding in years and I miss it!

Thank you Joraemi and Slartibartfast! My husband has done several centuries and I'm looking forward to joining him. I just got used to my clipless pedals this year and my goal is to keep improving. It will also help if I don't crash and sprain my elbow again :-) I will probably not be able to join him on his 160 mile one day ride across the state in July - No Sir.
-Good Omens

oz diva

• The Classics are SO last Century
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 09:15:43 AM »
I had my 5 yearly colonoscopy today, because I am grown up.

Victoria