A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Trans-Atlantic Knowledge Exchange

Place Names That Sound Funny to Others.

<< < (22/26) > >>

Thipu1:

--- Quote from: Melle on April 24, 2013, 12:58:16 PM ---You don't even want to know how my English teacher pronounced Arkansas ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh, Melle.  Enquiring minds want to know.  (Gets out a soda and puts popcorn in the microwave).

Danika:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on April 24, 2013, 05:43:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Melle on April 24, 2013, 12:58:16 PM ---You don't even want to know how my English teacher pronounced Arkansas ;)

--- End quote ---

Oh, Melle.  Enquiring minds want to know.  (Gets out a soda and puts popcorn in the microwave).

--- End quote ---

Yes! I imagine it will remind me of the name of the seventh planet from the Sun.

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: Thipu1 on April 24, 2013, 05:43:55 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Did it rhyme with Kansas?   :P

Mal:
It kind of sounded like Dorothy had encountered a very stereotypical pirate in Oz. As in:

"Wherrrre ya from, matey?"
"Kansas!"
"ARRRRRR, Kansas!"

mw8242:
I never found it weird because I grew up with them but in NJ we have towns called Brick & Wall. My friend from Texas finds it amusing we name towns after building materials.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version