General Etiquette > Family and Children

Question about gifting event tickets.

<< < (2/10) > >>

NyaChan:
Is the game during time he would normally spend with his father?  If not, then how would it cut into his time with him? 

Moray:

--- Quote from: SiotehCat on December 04, 2012, 04:43:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Moray on December 04, 2012, 04:39:43 PM ---Is there any reason why you can't call your son's father and ask him? Just say "Hey, I was thinking about this gift for DS; would you be interested in getting a ticket and going with him, or should I arrange for him to go with his uncle?"

--- End quote ---

I have to be careful how I say it to him. If he can't/won't go, he might also decide that he doesn't want DS to go because it is interfering with their time together. Then he would guilt DS into also not wanting to go.

--- End quote ---

Oh, so you're trying to schedule something during his visitation? That does change things; it makes it all the more important for you to confer with his father.

SiotehCat:

--- Quote from: NyaChan on December 04, 2012, 04:44:55 PM ---Is the game during time he would normally spend with his father?  If not, then how would it cut into his time with him?

--- End quote ---

Yeah, it is. We would be in the area for the holidays. That's the only time that DS gets to see his father.

SiotehCat:

--- Quote from: Moray on December 04, 2012, 04:45:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: SiotehCat on December 04, 2012, 04:43:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: Moray on December 04, 2012, 04:39:43 PM ---Is there any reason why you can't call your son's father and ask him? Just say "Hey, I was thinking about this gift for DS; would you be interested in getting a ticket and going with him, or should I arrange for him to go with his uncle?"

--- End quote ---

I have to be careful how I say it to him. If he can't/won't go, he might also decide that he doesn't want DS to go because it is interfering with their time together. Then he would guilt DS into also not wanting to go.

--- End quote ---

Oh, so you're trying to schedule something during his visitation? That does change things; it makes it all the more important for you to confer with his father.

--- End quote ---

Its not "visitation", its just time that they would normally be together. We are only going to be in the area for a week and a half this time. DS doesn't spend the whole time with his dad, but they would lose about a day and a half if DS went without him.

bonyk:
How badly to you want DS to be able to go?  Is it worth paying for Dad's ticket?  If so, I would call up the dad and tell him that you are giving DS 2 tickets.  Would he like to be his chaperone or should you find someone else?

I think it would be better received if the ticket is free.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version