Author Topic: Checking on a Delivery?  (Read 1896 times)

TeraNova15

• I aim to misbehave.
Checking on a Delivery?
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
I recently spend a weekend with a friend in a big city and she was an amazing hostess and we had a great time. As a thank you, I sent a surprise gift of chocolate covered strawberries a few days ago with a note attached. The delivery confirmation mentions that it was left "at the door" of her apartment. My dilemma:

1. My friend is not the type to let any sort of gift go unnoticed (yes a thank you for a thank you is a little silly but that's the way she is). But she hasn't sent a text or anything.

2. I lived in big city apartments for awhile myself. I know that sometimes packages of any apparent value can "walk off" by themselves, so I'm actually concerned she might not have gotten it since no signature was obtained.

My question: At any point is it appropriate of me to ask if she received it? I'm genuinely concerned as to whether or not she did, but I don't want to sound as though I'm demanding recognition that I sent her the gift. Does that make sense?

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
Re: Checking on a Delivery?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:06:20 AM »
She is a friend right?  I would think nothing of sending a text saying, "Hey friend, had a great time last weekend.  Did you get my thank you gift yet?"

NyaChan

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:38 PM »
I probably would have texted her the day of saying "Hey, I sent you something, keep an eye out."  and I agree with Zilla, you are fine to check in now and ask if they delivered it properly.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 03:27:22 PM »
I agree that it would be fine to check with her.  Especially if you'd requested a signature and they neglected to get one, you'll know whether or not to go after the delivery company for reimbursement.

And TeraNova15?  Thanks!  I've been wracking my brain for the name of that TV show I liked last year that got cancelled.  I remembered when I saw your screen name.  It was 'Terra Nova'.   ;D
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Roo

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 05:40:09 PM »
It wasn't an amazon package sent to Brooklyn, was it? I finally checked a box that's been sitting in our lobby for a couple of days and it's supposed to have gone to a completely different street. This happens way too often.