Author Topic: Not The Original Plan! *Small Update P. 17*  (Read 8942 times)

GSNW

Re: Not The Original Plan! *Small Update P. 17*
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 01:33:32 PM »
Agreed, not an overreaction.  CS was trying to problem solve and she can be given some points for that, but again, making it a done deal and then presenting the solution was thoughtless at best (and unprofessional - I would expect more from a college student).  Babysitters/nannies will frequently complain about not being viewed/compensated according to their professional expertise, but if you want to be treated as a professional you have to act like one. 

OP was clear on the job requirements.  Yes, stuff happens, but sometimes that "stuff" forces us to make adjustments and choices elsewhere.  It would not be rude of OP to talk to the neighbors with as little justification as possible.  "I am so sorry that CS made this arrangement with you without checking with me.  It won't be possible to follow through on this, though I have your daughter's name on my list of potential baby-sitters for the future."

I'm curious how CS got together with Neighbor Daughter to even suggest this.  Are Neighbors stalking OP's house, seeing who she has over there watching the baby, knocking on the door, saying hello?

Carpathia

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 06:22:45 PM »
I agree you're not overreacting - for all CS knew, there could have been a major problem with Neighbour Teenager. Plus, I would like the consistency of having the same person there for a young child at the same time of day (of course there should be occasional differences so that there's no confusion if the regular sitter is sick/on holiday).

I would just explain the situation to Teenager and her parents but don't give reasons why you aren't going to let her babysit - 'I'm afraid it just won't work'.

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 07:43:38 PM »
Any updates, OP?
What part of v_e = \sqrt{\frac{2GM}{r}} don't you understand? It's only rocket science!

"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture