General Etiquette > Family and Children

Remember this lady?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kaypeep:

--- Quote from: WillyNilly on December 05, 2012, 07:29:42 PM ---While I understand it was a family restaurant, is this a family group? Sounds like most other members are 20 or so years your senior and you were at a private event in a private room - I think Diane not being amused by a toddler present is pretty justified.

None of that excuses Pearl though. She still sounds pretty awful and I think you handled yourself well.

--- End quote ---

POD on both counts.  Sounds like you should definitely take a break from this group and just keep in touch with the people you've become closer friends with, outside of group activities.

LB:
Actually, it is a very family oriented group. Other members have brought grandkids before, and some of them ask us to bring DS.

He has been held by nearly every member, including Diane, because they have asked to.

Emmy:
I think both Pearl and Diane should mind their own business.  Diane's comment about 'giving in' was ridiculous.  Are you supposed to not feed your toddler the rest of his meal because he didn't ask politely the first time?  You corrected him (and even if you did 'give in', it would be rude to make a comment about it).  As long as your child isn't being disruptive to them, it is rude of them to make comments on your parenting or try to correct your child.

It doesn't sound worth it to keep going to the group if you don't get much enjoyment out of it.  Keep in touch with your friends from the group.

doodlemor:

--- Quote from: Emmy on December 05, 2012, 08:13:59 PM ---I think both Pearl and Diane should mind their own business.  Diane's comment about 'giving in' was ridiculous.  Are you supposed to not feed your toddler the rest of his meal because he didn't ask politely the first time?  You corrected him (and even if you did 'give in', it would be rude to make a comment about it).  As long as your child isn't being disruptive to them, it is rude of them to make comments on your parenting or try to correct your child.

It doesn't sound worth it to keep going to the group if you don't get much enjoyment out of it.  Keep in touch with your friends from the group.

--- End quote ---

POD absolutely.  The other great descriptive word here is ridiculous.  These women are being incredibly petty.  Good riddance.

Deetee:
Ugh.

Unless a child is a danger to self or others you don't reprimand (absent a prior agreement with parents. My sister and I have an agreement that we and our partners can reprimand each others child but that it is an exception to the ENTIRE REST OF THE WORLD who cannot do so)

I'm sorry you have to leave the club that you have enjoyed for a long time. I hope you can keep up your friendships with the other members, but I see no reason to hang out with people that act like they do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version