A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Don't you just hate it when....

(1/25) > >>

oogyda:
Your last load of laundry is half way through the cycle and you discover that one, lonely, little, dirty sock somehow escaped the laundry basket?

It's not a big deal, as I certainly have enough socks (some identical to the escapee) to wear until I do laundry again, but it does make the job seem incomplete. 

Okay, I'm not sure where I think this thread should go....add your thoughts.

Edited to add a word.

Amava:
Yesterday night same thing happened to me but with dishes. Finding a dirty dish (in this case a skillet) when you have /just/ finished and put away all the dishes and scrubbed and dried the sink, a job well done.

(I do dishes by hand a lot lately to save electricity, though I have a dishwasher).

Ah well, I just plopped the skillet in said dishwasher and I'll wash it up tonight with the rest of today's dishes, but it bothered me for a moment!

Oh, and when I have /just/ taken off my shoes and slipped into my comfy house slippers, and then discover I have forgotten a little chore that involves going outside. (My house slippers are as fluffy as the garden is muddy, so walking outside in them is no option! XD )

Giggity:
... I get home from work, go upstairs, change into loungey clothes and slippers, come back downstairs, and discover that there is no beer.

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: Hotdish on December 06, 2012, 11:51:39 AM ---... I get home from work, go upstairs, change into loungey clothes and slippers, come back downstairs, and discover that there is no beer.

--- End quote ---

And that's when I put beer on my shopping list and pull out a bottle of wine, instead.   :D

I'm like oogyda - except what I forget to throw in are the things in the kitchen.  The hot pads, the tea towel, the dish cloths and my lunch bag.  Which isn't quite enough for a full load.  And I only do laundry every couple of weeks.

Amava, I've read that if you fill your dishwasher, it saves water and energy over doing dishes by hand.  Even if you have a gas water heater, it still uses electricity plus a lot of electricity is used for the production of drinking water so saving on the water also saves on the electricity used, all be it not electricity you are paying for directly.  Although it might have been a study produced by dishwater manufacturers.   :)

happygrrl:
I'll pod everything above, and add that I hate it when I'm relaxing in a bubble bath, and realize I've forgotten a washcloth...which means that I need to slop soapy water all over the floor and ginto the hallway linen closet to get one. Ugh.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version