Author Topic: Don't you just hate it when....  (Read 13213 times)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't you just hate it when....
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 07:18:48 PM »
I wear slacks or jeans to work, so I put my car keys in my pockets (I don't carry a purse.)

When the weather changes and I start wearing a jacket to work, I put my car keys in my jacket pocket instead of my pants pocket.

It really bothers me to no end when I leave work, get to my car (a very long walk) and dig into my pants pocket for my keys . . . why, oh, why? is it at that moment that I remembered that I wore a jacket to work?

Yup. My car keys are in the pocket of my jacket (which I'm not used to wearing) . . . that is hanging up in my office. ::)

Happens every year.

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 07:55:41 PM »
...your child tells you at 8 p.m. that he needs x,y,z urgently before school tomorrow (x,y,z being only available at a store that closed at 6 p.m.)

... After all the Christmas cards are mailed, presents are bought and wrapped, the hubby comes home and adds to the list.

... You're halfway through the recipe and you realize that you're out of eggs or butter or flour and need to head back to the market.

I'mnotinsane

• My mother had me tested
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 08:37:12 PM »
I hate it when a dairy item slips out of the shopping bag and I don't find it until the next day. 

mmswm

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 08:54:52 PM »
...your child tells you at 8 p.m. that he needs x,y,z urgently before school tomorrow (x,y,z being only available at a store that closed at 6 p.m.)

... After all the Christmas cards are mailed, presents are bought and wrapped, the hubby comes home and adds to the list.

... You're halfway through the recipe and you realize that you're out of eggs or butter or flour and need to head back to the market.

I did this just last week.  I'm staying with friends in a tiny town in Washington State.  Actually, they live a bit outside of town (they need acreage for the horses, dogs, etc).  Things have been quite stressful for me lately and I "stress bake".  Apparently, according to my friend's daughters, I make the best chocolate chip cookies in the world.  I promised to teach them my techniques and we were all set to go.  Then we realized we had no sugar.  I couldn't disappoint the girls, so I made the 45 minute round trip into town to buy sugar.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 01:27:27 AM »
When you stock up on the cheap chocolate chips and the next day the fancy ones go on sale.

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2012, 12:29:43 PM »

Mine just did this at 6:45am on a morning during which there was no time to pick up the item.  I hope she remembers the lesson.

Shalamar

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2012, 01:27:21 PM »
My 15-year-old suddenly remembered this morning that she was supposed to bring in some non-perishable items for Christmas hampers.  Thankfully, I stocked up on cans of baked beans and peanut butter the last time they went on sale, so we had a bunch for her to grab. 

Vall

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2012, 01:31:33 PM »
...you go to the store to pick up an item.  You buy lots of things.  Then when you get home you realize that you forgot the item that you originally went shopping for.

...you fill your gas tank then drive a mile down the road and see gas 20 cents cheaper per gallon.

alkira6

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2012, 01:51:56 PM »

Mine just did this at 6:45am on a morning during which there was no time to pick up the item.  I hope she remembers the lesson.

When my nephews lived with us they did this to me once. I got up, got dressed, ran around town and found the stupid little Styrofoam balls for their school project. They were warned it would not happen again. The next time they did without. They learned.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
...you go to the store to pick up an item.  You buy lots of things.  Then when you get home you realize that you forgot the item that you originally went shopping for.

...you fill your gas tank then drive a mile down the road and see gas 20 cents cheaper per gallon.

Ouch! That stinks.  :(

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 02:07:25 PM »
^I just don't get how the prices can be so far apart.  I experienced it in California when I was visiting my friends, too.  Here, the price per litre might vary a cent or two, depending on whether or not it is one of the big 3 or if it is a discount type chain.  (Unless you get your gas at Costco.  It's usually up to 5 cents cheaper.  But after having to get my car fixed after Costco gas, I no longer use them.)
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

readingchick

• Trivia Buff
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 04:35:02 PM »

Oh, yes. Yes, yes, yes. I hate it when that happens!

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 07:57:32 PM »
Where I used to live there was one station where gas was always 10 cents more than every other station along that stretch of road. It wasn't surprising when it finally went out of business. 

As for forgetting things, I went out to get more wrapping supplies like boxes and bags and what did I forget? Tissue paper!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

A.P. Wulfric

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »
Piratelvr1121-I'm the same way. I can remember so much bizarre stuff, yet can't remember to replace my checkbook when it runs out, or stop at the bank, get dog food, etc.   I think my head is so cluttered with knowing the presidents in order that I can't function in daily life.

On that note: I hate it when I cut out coupons for one of DH's personal care products, ask DH regularly if needs it, and then toss the coupon when it expires. The next day, he'll need it. (He does the food shopping, so I can't even get it for him just in case.)

or.... I ask DS repeatedly if he has to go to the bathroom before bed/car trip/swim lessons and he says no. Two seconds into the trip/bed/lesson-he has to go RIGHT NOW.  Sigh.  (He's 4)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 08:25:09 PM »
Piratelvr1121-I'm the same way. I can remember so much bizarre stuff, yet can't remember to replace my checkbook when it runs out, or stop at the bank, get dog food, etc.   I think my head is so cluttered with knowing the presidents in order that I can't function in daily life.

On that note: I hate it when I cut out coupons for one of DH's personal care products, ask DH regularly if needs it, and then toss the coupon when it expires. The next day, he'll need it. (He does the food shopping, so I can't even get it for him just in case.)

or.... I ask DS repeatedly if he has to go to the bathroom before bed/car trip/swim lessons and he says no. Two seconds into the trip/bed/lesson-he has to go RIGHT NOW.  Sigh.  (He's 4)

Yeah with me it's all the lyrics to the soundtrack of Les Miserables and about every Captain Jack Sparrow quote.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata