Author Topic: Don't you just hate it when....  (Read 13566 times)

A.P. Wulfric

Re: Don't you just hate it when....
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2012, 08:44:23 PM »
Piratelvr1121-  I think my head is so cluttered with knowing the presidents in order that I can't function in daily life.

chopped quote...

Yeah with me it's all the lyrics to the soundtrack of Les Miserables and about every Captain Jack Sparrow quote.

That too.  Both of them. :)

kckgirl

« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2012, 08:46:54 PM »
or.... I ask DS repeatedly if he has to go to the bathroom before bed/car trip/swim lessons and he says no. Two seconds into the trip/bed/lesson-he has to go RIGHT NOW.  Sigh.  (He's 4)

My 4-year-old granddaughter does that. Now I just send her to the bathroom to "try" and it usually works, even if she insists she doesn't need to go.
Maryland

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
When I realize, when a book comes out that's based on a movie, that I've been mispronouncing one of the main characters names for years.   Hermione is the best example.  I was pronouncing it "Herm-oh-inn" and wondering what kind of a name that was for a girl.

Yeah, it sounds much better as Hermi-onee.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Kaypeep

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »
I have a monthly train pass that covers my commute between Manhattan and my town, but sometimes I go to my boyfriend's house in a town further up the line.  The last 5 times I did so, I purchased an extra far ticket to cover the cost from my town to his town.  It's about $5.  Every time, the conductor saw my regular commuter pass and just waved me on and didn't ask for the upgrade ticket.  I can't get a refund for it though because there's a fee that wipes out the cost of the ticket making the refund moot.  So this week I did NOT buy the upgrade fare since they never ask for the ticket, and naturally, this week they asked for the ticket and I was forced to pay the on-board price of the upgrade.   ::)

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2012, 09:45:15 PM »
When I realize, when a book comes out that's based on a movie, that I've been mispronouncing one of the main characters names for years.   Hermione is the best example.  I was pronouncing it "Herm-oh-inn" and wondering what kind of a name that was for a girl.

Yeah, when the Twilight movie came out, one of my friends was terribly embarrassed that she'd been mispronouncing a name as Lauren with a t on it instead of "Lore - aunt."

I really hate it when I get ravenously hungry...right after I just ate! Seriously, stomach, what is your deal?
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

mmswm

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2012, 12:22:18 AM »
Piratelvr1121-  I think my head is so cluttered with knowing the presidents in order that I can't function in daily life.

chopped quote...

Yeah with me it's all the lyrics to the soundtrack of Les Miserables and about every Captain Jack Sparrow quote.

I can sing "Yakko's World" in it's entirety.

Here's a link to the song, if you don't know what it is.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

Yet, I can't remember my parents' PO Box number.  The number they've had for 25 years.  Yeah, I'm that hopeless.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2012, 02:02:02 PM »
or.... I ask DS repeatedly if he has to go to the bathroom before bed/car trip/swim lessons and he says no. Two seconds into the trip/bed/lesson-he has to go RIGHT NOW.  Sigh.  (He's 4)

My 4-year-old granddaughter does that. Now I just send her to the bathroom to "try" and it usually works, even if she insists she doesn't need to go.

I'm betting my DDs hate it when, before a long car trip, I still ask them if they went to the bathroom.

DDs are 18 & 20. ::)

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2012, 02:48:03 PM »

chopped quote...

I can sing "Yakko's World" in it's entirety.

Here's a link to the song, if you don't know what it is.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

Yet, I can't remember my parents' PO Box number.  The number they've had for 25 years.  Yeah, I'm that hopeless.

Yep. Me too. Except mine are songs from the fourth grade....really? And I can't remember what I did yesterday?
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

suzieQ

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2012, 03:10:13 PM »
I wear slacks or jeans to work, so I put my car keys in my pockets (I don't carry a purse.)

When the weather changes and I start wearing a jacket to work, I put my car keys in my jacket pocket instead of my pants pocket.

It really bothers me to no end when I leave work, get to my car (a very long walk) and dig into my pants pocket for my keys . . . why, oh, why? is it at that moment that I remembered that I wore a jacket to work?

Yup. My car keys are in the pocket of my jacket (which I'm not used to wearing) . . . that is hanging up in my office. ::)

Happens every year.

This is the method I use to avoid leaving things at work. I sometimes go shopping before work and need to put things in the fridge until I get off. I put my keys with them so I don't forget the items at the end of the day.
Check out my crocheted cross body bags for phones!

http://phlings.blogspot.com/

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2012, 06:11:54 PM »
When I prep a batch of soup to go into the crockpot and even turn it on, but fail to actually plug the machine in.

mmswm

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2012, 06:18:23 PM »
When your 13 year old insists on putting his $200 Google Nexus 7 in his pocket and he walks through the laundry room where the little yippie jumpy dog is hanging out and the little yippie jumpy dog jumps up on him, yanking the Nexus out of his pocket, cracking the screen and utterly destroying it.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2012, 06:55:38 PM »
When I prep a batch of soup to go into the crockpot and even turn it on, but fail to actually plug the machine in.

BTDT and haven't found out until it's a few hours later and I'm wondering why I can't smell it cooking.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2012, 10:25:50 PM »
When you put the food in, plug it in, turn it on, and when your back is turned your DuH wanders through the kitchen, sees that the machine is on (it had a red light on the front) and TURNS IT OFF!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

catgal

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2012, 12:40:33 AM »
When you decide to catch the bus into the city to go shopping with DH instead of driving, then finding an shoe store full of shoes that
A. you actually like
B. actually fit
C. are one sale that day for a ridiculous price. 

Yep, that was us yesterday struggling with 11 boxes of shoes trying to get home on the bus.  We have never taken the bus in before and we never find anything we like to buy.
There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2012, 10:14:22 PM »
I will sit in one place using scotch tape or a calculator, and set it down. When I need it not 5 minutes later, it has disappeared!

Off-topic

My cousin spells her name "Hermione", but is pronounced "her mean", with the accent on the 2nd syllable.