Author Topic: Don't you just hate it when....  (Read 11541 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: Don't you just hate it when....
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2012, 09:30:02 AM »
I hate it when I come home exhausted from a major grocery run, and one of my daughters says "Oh, by the way, we're out of (blah).  Did you get any?"

My daughter is moonlighting as a member of your family?

We must be passing the same kid around to all our families.

No kidding, with the child changing genders, too.  I hate it when I am going to make a meal and find out I'm missing a key ingredient because no one thought to tell me we were out and then I get to hear from DH "Well you should have checked to see if we were out when you went to the store!"  Um, I shop weekly, as he knows and I just BOUGHT IT on the last trip TO MAKE THIS MEAL!!

OR the time I went to make dh some tea with lemon and honey for a cold and found out we had no honey. At 9pm.  Middle child says "But you told us not to use the sugar and to use the honey!" Granted, I did, but if it's all gone, mama needs to KNOW!!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 09:55:15 AM »
Piratelvr1121-  I think my head is so cluttered with knowing the presidents in order that I can't function in daily life.

chopped quote...

Yeah with me it's all the lyrics to the soundtrack of Les Miserables and about every Captain Jack Sparrow quote.

That too.  Both of them. :)

I can sing "Yakko's World" in it's entirety.

Here's a link to the song, if you don't know what it is.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

Yet, I can't remember my parents' PO Box number.  The number they've had for 25 years.  Yeah, I'm that hopeless.

Yep. Me too. Except mine are songs from the fourth grade....really? And I can't remember what I did yesterday?

My grandmother still does this to my dad. Who is 52. And tells him to wash his hands before dinner. Dad's not mentally challenged or prone to not wash or go to the bathroom when appropriate.

It never ends.

alkira6

« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 12:18:52 PM »
I hate it when I come home exhausted from a major grocery run, and one of my daughters says "Oh, by the way, we're out of (blah).  Did you get any?"

No kidding, with the child changing genders, too.  I hate it when I am going to make a meal and find out I'm missing a key ingredient because no one thought to tell me we were out and then I get to hear from DH "Well you should have checked to see if we were out when you went to the store!"  Um, I shop weekly, as he knows and I just BOUGHT IT on the last trip TO MAKE THIS MEAL!!

OR the time I went to make dh some tea with lemon and honey for a cold and found out we had no honey. At 9pm.  Middle child says "But you told us not to use the sugar and to use the honey!" Granted, I did, but if it's all gone, mama needs to KNOW!!

We have a magnetic notepad on the refrigerator door labeled "shopping". If it's not on the list, it doesn't get bought. Tellign me at the last second an dlooking at me expectantly will get you laughed at. Heartily.

MrTango

« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2012, 01:28:21 PM »

Totally This.  The rule in my MIL's house is that if you use the last of a container of something, you are responsible for writing it on the grocery list (which is attached to the refrigerator).  No excuses and no proxies.  If it's not on that list, then MIL doesn't know to buy more.

Shalamar

« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2012, 01:50:42 PM »
This, of course, occasionally leads to finding that you have exactly two grains of rice when you want to make stir-fry and getting the "But it's not all gone!  See!" argument.   :P

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2012, 04:36:46 PM »
This, of course, occasionally leads to finding that you have exactly two grains of rice when you want to make stir-fry and getting the "But it's not all gone!  See!" argument.   :P

That would leave me highly tempted to make up a portion for the "Not *all* gone-r" with that rice and ask if it was still enough.

But that would not be nice.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Adelaide

« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2012, 05:00:34 PM »
I hate it when I walk in the dojo, remove my shoes, and find that I'm wearing two (very obviously) different kinds of socks. Once I walked in and discovered that I had thrown on a black sock and a white sock.

I also hate that when I go home my parents scold me for not washing my hands, when we're all in the same kitchen and we were talking as I was washing my hands. When I point this out they just shrug and say "I don't notice what you're doing."  ::)

Shalamar

« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2012, 05:24:45 PM »
I hate it when two ladies at work decided to have a nice little chat in the bathroom by the sink when I go in to do my business.  I always feel so awkward.  Why do they do it?  How pleasant is it to have a conversation with THAT going on in the background?

MrTango

« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »
I hate it that the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota can't be bothered to plow their city streets down to the pavement, but instead leave a 2-inch thick layer of packed slush/ice.

ETA: I mention the specific city only to illustrate that it's not a city that doesn't routinely have to deal with significant snowfall...

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #69 on: December 11, 2012, 09:33:55 PM »
I hate it that the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota can't be bothered to plow their city streets down to the pavement, but instead leave a 2-inch thick layer of packed slush/ice.

ETA: I mention the specific city only to illustrate that it's not a city that doesn't routinely have to deal with significant snowfall...
Do people in Minneapolis generally use tire chains?  Streets were plowed like that in the small mountain town where I grew up, because you don't want to use chains on a bare road.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

MrTango

« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2012, 09:36:30 PM »
No chains, since this isn't a small town.  Minneapolis is the largest city in the state with almost 400,000 residents and is in a metropolitan area with over 2 million residents.

exitzero

« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2012, 09:41:56 PM »
People say "How is it you can remember the whole script for that movie but you can't remember where you put your keys the last time you used them?"  I have no idea!! I don't even know why that is, it just happens!  It's not like it's a deliberate thing.   

Same with when people say "If you didn't remember it, it can't have been that important to you!" wrong. I even forget things that ARE important to me.  I have a good long term memory and a lousy short term one.

I always tell people that I can remember obscure facts from 20 years ago, but I couldn't tell you what I had for breakfast.

jillybean

• Rise and whine
« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:51 PM »
...I get all snuggled into bed and then remember I forgot to grab my phone (I use it for my alarm).  Bonus yuck if I can't seem to recall where I left it.

See also: forgetting to turn off my alarm when on vacation.

Ugh, I do all of these!
Texas

JoW

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2012, 10:33:11 PM »
I hate it that the city of Minneapolis, Minnesota can't be bothered to plow their city streets down to the pavement, but instead leave a 2-inch thick layer of packed slush/ice.....
I've never been to Minneapolis, but I've lived in a couple other snowy cities.  Here's what happens.

The snow storm starts and the normal city traffic continues.  The snow gets packed on the roads.  The snow accumulates, and the plows come through,scraping down to the top of that hard packed layer.  Eventually the storm stops and the plows clear down to the top of that hard-packed layer. 

The salt and sand trucks come out, trying to melt the hard-packed layer.  The top of the pack turns into that slush-ice mess.  The plows try to remove it, but the next storm starts before its all moved. 

Softly Spoken

• "I am a hawk on a cliff..."
« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »
I hate it when I'm getting off the bus...

and I see my transfer bus just pulling away on the other side of the street.

:'(

*grumble grinch* stupid other passengers...if the bus didn't have to stop for them I would have made it *winge moan* ::) ;)
"... for there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
-William Shakespeare

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't."  ~Frank A. Clark