Author Topic: Don't you just hate it when....  (Read 11552 times)

Dazi

• like the flower
Re: Don't you just hate it when....
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2012, 11:25:52 PM »
I have a lot of repeats, but it does make me happy that I'm not the only one.

Forgetting the item I went shopping for.

Getting a great coupon a few days after you bought the item.

Buying really great looking shoes and finding no matter how broken in they get, they still kill your feet.

Failing to gather all the dirty clothes and really needing the item you missed.

Someone else in your house eats or uses the last of something, doesn't tell you and is shocked when you don't get it the next shopping trip.

Packing my lunch and leaving it on the counter.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2012, 11:29:59 PM »
What's extremely frustrating is living in a city that grinds to a standstill every time there's two inches of snow.  ::)

Reminds me of a person who called into the Ellen DeGeneres show, and the next day Ellen called her back to ask her if she was able to see the show to see that she moved a plant that the woman claimed made Ellen look like Alfalfa cause it was spiky and right behind her head. 

The woman said "Honey, yesterday we had about two flakes of snow and they shut the whole city down" (She was from Texas)
I was talking to a man in a small Arizona town one day, and he said the past winter they had gotten 10 inches of snow. I was shocked until the explained that one flake of snow fell, then another one fell 10 inches from that one!

LOL!!
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

jillybean

• Rise and whine
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2012, 11:57:03 PM »
Re coupons, forgetting to actually take them with me to the store after I've gone to the trouble of cutting them out, and when by some miracle I remember to take them, 9 times out of 10, I forget to use them at the checkout.
Texas

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #93 on: December 25, 2012, 10:25:00 AM »
When you spend an hour in the middle of the night to change baby's diaper, feeding it, letting it burp, calm him down to the point of near-sleep, letting him drink again, another burp and oooh he finally sleeps...and then you hear 'PHHRRRHHHRRRT' coming from his pants. And you know changing the diaper will wake him up again, at which point he wants to drink again, and another burp, and another lullaby, setting you up for another hour of baby wrestling. Just putting him in his bed won't work because the dirty diaper will wake hik up in 10 minutes.
And with my luck, when he is finally sleepy again, he will wet his diaper again, restarting the whole cycle again.

drzim

« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »
Big monster SUVs and minivans are parked in compact spaces....essentially taking up 3 spaces, because no one can park on either side of them unless they have a tiny car like a Smartcar.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2012, 02:57:56 PM »
When you spend an hour in the middle of the night to change baby's diaper, feeding it, letting it burp, calm him down to the point of near-sleep, letting him drink again, another burp and oooh he finally sleeps...and then you hear 'PHHRRRHHHRRRT' coming from his pants. And you know changing the diaper will wake him up again, at which point he wants to drink again, and another burp, and another lullaby, setting you up for another hour of baby wrestling. Just putting him in his bed won't work because the dirty diaper will wake hik up in 10 minutes.
And with my luck, when he is finally sleepy again, he will wet his diaper again, restarting the whole cycle again.

You left out "...and Mr. Sprite is snoring away, getting a good night's sleep".   ::)

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #96 on: December 26, 2012, 01:03:44 AM »
When you go to bed early because you have a cold and haven't been sleeping very well the past few days, only to wake up about 4 hours later wide-eyed and unable to go back to sleep.

Yeah. Guess why I'm on Ehell right now. :(
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

hermanne

« Reply #97 on: December 26, 2012, 01:21:29 AM »
When you go to bed early because you have a cold and haven't been sleeping very well the past few days, only to wake up about 4 hours later wide-eyed and unable to go back to sleep.

And notalwaysright, and Facebook, and...

Nerts, I hate insomnia!

girlysprite

• I like big books, and I cannot lie
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2012, 10:39:38 AM »

You left out "...and Mr. Sprite is snoring away, getting a good night's sleep".   ::)

Actually, mr Sprite does get out of bed to do the diaper duty, but the diapers are the easy part. :p but I'm blessed with a husband who is willing to take on parts of the nightshifts.

magicdomino

« Reply #99 on: December 26, 2012, 11:13:50 AM »

Nerts, I hate insomnia!

My sympathies.  That's what happens if I take antihistamines.  So, I can either stay awake because I can't breathe, or I can stay awake because I took something to help me breathe.   :P

hermanne

« Reply #100 on: December 26, 2012, 03:00:22 PM »

Nerts, I hate insomnia!

My sympathies.  That's what happens if I take antihistamines.  So, I can either stay awake because I can't breathe, or I can stay awake because I took something to help me breathe.   :P

Thanks. I did take some cold meds last night, thinking it'd help me sleep. Ha, ha, joke's on me.

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #101 on: December 26, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »

LOL!!!

But, but, but . . . these are the moments that you are supposed to cherish! That's what keeps the population growing! ;D

(((Hugs, girlysprite)))

On the coupon subject . . . when there's a pull-off coupon attached to something that you are buying (grocery store) and you get home to find that the coupon is still attached to the item. ::)

The TARDIS

• I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away.
  • I'm bigger on the inside!
« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:20 AM »
My irritation?

A certain someone I know pulls on a door that says PUSH. Constantly. It's frustrating.

Oh, and getting comfortable only to have the cat scratch at the door and howl until I let her in.

"Kidneys! I got new kidneys! I donít like the color..."

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »
Last night, house cool, my feet freezing and achy, I settled in with a nice warm afghan and watched TV with my sweetie and the dog, who proceeded to request (all of these as soon as I'd finally gotten warm again) that I take the dog out, get sweetie more to drink, get the dog a treat (because he went out and sweetie forgot to give him one when we came back in), make a salad, make dinner, oh, and would you mind.....

at which point I said "No." And sat for twenty blissful minutes until I discovered I had to pee.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »
Oof.  Bittybartfast is still waking up multiple times a night wanting to nurse, so I FINALLY got her to sleep around 3:30.  And then Babybartfast came to jump on me at 6:00.  And about every twenty minutes thereafter.  By 7:00 I told her she should go jump on daddy instead, and she said he had already left for work (rare, but possible).  So I dragged myself out of bed, got Bittybartfast up and dressed, got Babybartfast dressed . . . and discovered that DH was still here, like usual, and I could have sent Babybartfast down to bug him for another hour or so before I had to get up  >:(

So now I'm running on only slightly more than 2.5 hours of sleep and I've got two very loud kids with me today and preschool doesn't start back until tomorrow.