General Etiquette > Life...in general

How to live next to a crabby neighbor

<< < (11/11)

Drawberry:

--- Quote from: WillyNilly on December 12, 2012, 09:57:01 AM ---Here's the thing you have to understand though - if you aren't willing to change your habits (go to bed earlier/wake up earlier) why do you think they should?  Its unreasonable to ask they change their habits to suit your needs when you could just as easily change your habits to suit your needs.

--- End quote ---

Because the OP is not nailing frames into the wall at 5:30AM. The OP's schedule has had no effect on the neighbors and until it does I see no need to consider that route.

The OP is not noisy or loud or invading the space of her neighbors which is why she should not have to change her schedule just to get a good night sleep.

If she where hanging drywall at 2am that would be a different story, but she isn't. She's just going about her life as quietly as possible (as expressed by her purposefully keeping the 'noisy' electronics on the opposite side of their home so as not to bother her neighbors), until this changes she should not be obligated to adjust her life in order to have a peaceful nights rest.

wolfie:

--- Quote from: Drawberry on December 13, 2012, 08:01:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: WillyNilly on December 12, 2012, 09:57:01 AM ---Here's the thing you have to understand though - if you aren't willing to change your habits (go to bed earlier/wake up earlier) why do you think they should?  Its unreasonable to ask they change their habits to suit your needs when you could just as easily change your habits to suit your needs.

--- End quote ---

Because the OP is not nailing frames into the wall at 5:30AM. The OP's schedule has had no effect on the neighbors and until it does I see no need to consider that route.

The OP is not noisy or loud or invading the space of her neighbors which is why she should not have to change her schedule just to get a good night sleep.

If she where hanging drywall at 2am that would be a different story, but she isn't. She's just going about her life as quietly as possible (as expressed by her purposefully keeping the 'noisy' electronics on the opposite side of their home so as not to bother her neighbors), until this changes she should not be obligated to adjust her life in order to have a peaceful nights rest.

--- End quote ---

You make a good point but it doesn't matter - she can't make the other couple change their habits. So it looks like either she changes or she doesn't sleep.

PastryGoddess:
Here is an example of rigid foam insulation sheets.  They come in several sizes and you should be able to get both the insulation for the wall and paint for between $50-$75.  From experience I'd recommend you prime first before painting them. 

Home Depot

Lowes

oz diva:
My brother lived next door to a crabby neighbour. The sort of person who doesn't like to hear kids having fun. Anyway, one day he told her they would replace the fence and she angrily retorted "Over my dead body." The situation happily resolved itself as the very next week she died. My brother said he had an alibi.  >:D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version