The Good Things in Life > Random acts of kindness and grace

LETS RAISE THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT!!

(1/3) > >>

Softly Spoken:
I just came from my weekly support group and from what everyone was sharing, there is a lot of stress and unhappiness floating around. I couldn't get over how many people were suffering from family and holiday-related stress. Sharing definitely helps. So I've been thinking...

This has been a hard year. Politics. Economy. Weather. You name it, we seem to have been hit with it. It's dark, it's cold, and people just seem to be grumpy and fed up with 2012. :(

So in an attempt to light a little spark against the dark, I would like to ask my fellow ehellions to please share any uplifting stories that show the spirit of goodwill has not been snuffed out. Please post your warmest, fuzziest, heart-warming-est, cutest, most surprising and/or funniest moment that reminded you of the true spirit of the holiday season! (Basically, I want to brew a pot of "Chicken Soup for the eHell Soul: Holiday Edition" ;))

I will start with the story that made me want to start this thread, then add my own:

1) A friend told me that a man she knows from the coffee shop every morning gave her $10 and told her to buy a nice gift for herself.

2) When I was grocery shopping on Thanksgiving, the bagging lady realized that I had to walk home with my (too heavy) bags and told me I could just take the shopping cart and bring it back tomorrow. I brought it back the same day, since I needed even more supplies and I lived so close, but was so grateful to her for saving my back, shoulders, wrists, etc. :)

Okay, who's next? ;D

Only me:
Hi

I successfully rehomed one of my dogs. He is absolutely thriving and the owners (they used to take care of him and his sister when I was travelling for work) are thrilled with him and the love they have in the house. Not so thrilled with the fact he's digging up their backyard. :)

Onlyme

Seraphim:
A story I read on facebook:

A NFL player took 12 needy kids on a shopping spree at Toys-R-Us. Spending a total of $19,000. Just to make some kids smile.

http://rev967.com/an-nfl-player-spent-19000-on-a-shopping-spree-for-needy-kids-at-toys-r-us/

MamaMootz:
My husband just started working for a cosmetics company. I receive an $80.00 per month allowance to spend on whatever I want at their company store. It was doubled this month due to the holidays. I decided rather than spending it on myself, I would buy a bunch of makeup and send it to my friend for her charity. My friend is organizing a charity for people who have been unemployed this past year and cannot afford to give Christmas to their kids. On her list are kids with needs for clothing and toys, but there are also teens on there who are asking for makeup.

I am also baking batches of cookies and putting them in tins,  and handing them out to random strangers, particularly those working in retail or customer service positions this year.

I can't afford to do very much with all the relocations we've been having, but it's important to give to someone since that's what this season is all about.

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: MamaMootz on December 07, 2012, 09:19:26 AM ---I am also baking batches of cookies and putting them in tins,  and handing them out to random strangers, particularly those working in retail or customer service positions this year.

--- End quote ---

I like this idea!  I do a lot of baking and give out trays to coworkers, neighbours and my massage therapist.  Never thought about doing this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version