General Etiquette > Life...in general

Truly a problem?

<< < (2/13) > >>

Raintree:

--- Quote from: CreteGirl on December 08, 2012, 02:45:15 AM ---I absolutely hate the fact that some people feel entitled to compensation for any small amount of inconvenience.  If the woman thought the transaction was taking too long, she could have simply left and taken her business elsewhere. 

Sometimes things do not go 100% they way we would like them to.  That does not mean someone owes us.

--- End quote ---

POD. Things go wrong. Problems come up. Now if this customer had been sent to Other Branch of Store across town to pick up the item she was supposed to get at This Branch, and she got there, and they didn't have it either, and then had her pick it up at This Branch after all, and she picked it up, took it home, and discovered it was broken, then she might have a case for being inconvenienced. But having to wait while some employee figures out a procedure? Happens all the time, it's annoying, but it's life.

cicero:

--- Quote from: CreteGirl on December 08, 2012, 02:45:15 AM ---I absolutely hate the fact that some people feel entitled to compensation for any small amount of inconvenience.  If the woman thought the transaction was taking too long, she could have simply left and taken her business elsewhere. 

Sometimes things do not go 100% they way we would like them to.  That does not mean someone owes us.

--- End quote ---
POD

I also thinks that this leads to a long line of entitlementness - no toilet paper in the restroom? I *deserve* a gc. they were oout of my brand of coke? I *deserve* a gc. there is no end to this.

I can understand that waiting 15 minutes (that may have felt like 30 to her) for them to resolve this issue is annoying. and maybe should could have asked to speak to a manager to explain that that is too long to wait. but to ask for a gc? nah...

Sharnita:

--- End quote ---

Actually, I think she probably paid online and was picking up what she bought online.  Just leaving and taking her business elsewhere might noet have been all that easy.

SleepyKitty:
For what it's worth, the last time I did this (last Christmas I ordered a large gift from Walmart.com and had it shipped to the store), you had to go to the layaway department to pick it up. At the counter, they had a computer screen up that had your name and what time an employee had gone to retrieve your item for you, so you could track how long it took to get it. There was a promotion going that if you waited longer than X amount of minutes, you got a $5 gift card. (I don't remember how many minutes it was now - 10 or 15.)

Probably not ever Walmart does it, but my local store did.

Maggie:
I know that you can purchase something online now and then pay for it in the store within a certain amount of time.  That was probably what she did and then since it is a new policy the associates may not have known how to handle it yet.  Sometimes things happen every day and some situations come up once in a lifetime.  This could have been of the once in a lifetime variety in which case I do not think she was owed a gc. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version