Author Topic: Truly a problem?  (Read 8529 times)

jaxsue

• Super Hero!
Re: Truly a problem?
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2012, 06:49:20 PM »
If I went to a Walmart during the holiday season and was out in less than an hour, I'd be thanking my lucky stars, not asking for a GC.

You are so right!

I just got home from a long day; spent 7.5 hours in 2 WM's.  :o

General comment: I asked the store manager if they had a policy of giving out gift cards to make up for people having to wait. He's been a manager for several years and has never heard of that policy. To people who complain loudly? Maybe it happens occasionally, but then doesn't every business try to mollify the most vocal complainers?

Surianne

• Super Hero!
    • Prince ShimmerShine Moondream's Blogging Adventure
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
I don't see anything wrong with the way she asked for a gift card.  If the online ordering service is marketed as being convenient and fast, and it turned out to be inconvenient and slow due to a lack of proper staffing/training, then it makes perfect sense to me that she'd request compensation. 

Bookgirl

• Read The Hunger Games. Trust me.
    • Zo- Be Designs
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 07:17:12 PM »
Thank the employee who "volunteered their time" to fix the problem?!!

It says in the OP that the employee who solved the problem was coming back from her break and did not clock back in before fixing the issue.  So yeah, she wasn't being paid when she fixed the issue. 
RIP to my blog

I play with paper, scissors and glue and this is where I Facebook about it:
http://www.facebook.com/ZoBeDesigns

my cards and papergoods: www.ZoBeDesigns.etsy.com

Sharnita

• Super Hero!
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
That is really interesting - I missed that before.  I know somebody who ended up being fired from WalMart for working while thery were clocked out during their break.  SOmething came up and so even though they were clocked out and technichally not supposed to be working they stepped in and took care of the matter.  I think that the business had recently had problems with being accused of making employees work off the clock so they had told employees not to do anything off the clock.

SiotehCat

« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2012, 11:33:58 PM »
How do we know that she was off the clock?

Where I work, we get two 15 minute breaks and one lunch break. The only break that we have to clock in/out for is the lunch break.

CaptainObvious

« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2012, 11:37:25 PM »
How do we know that she was off the clock?

Where I work, we get two 15 minute breaks and one lunch break. The only break that we have to clock in/out for is the lunch break.

A lot of places like Walmart have you sign in and out of the register, they don't rely on the "honor system" that most places use.