Author Topic: UGH! I messed up - Simple Corn Casserole (post #3)  (Read 784 times)

Delia DeLyons

UGH! I messed up - Simple Corn Casserole (post #3)
« on: December 09, 2012, 02:40:38 PM »
Simple recipe, and cheap to boot!

Preheat oven to 350.

1 can sweet corn kernels (13 or 14 oz.)
1 can cream style corn (13 or 14 oz.)
1 box Jiffy corn muffin mix ($0.50 @ Walmart!)
1 cup sour cream
1 stick melted butter (I use unsalted)
~1 cup fine shred cheddar (optional)
1 egg (not in original recipe, but I always throw one in).

Mix all but cheese together well, then pour into greased baking pan (original recipe says 9x13, but I think it'd be kind of flat in that, so I use a square. YMMV).

Bake @ 350 for 45 minutes/until edges golden.  Remove from oven, spread ~1 cup (I use less) cheddar over the top; put back in oven for 5 more minutes/until cheese melts.

Let rest/set up for 5 minutes.  Nice served warm with chili over it/on the side.

Even with no seasonings - so good!  I might try a tsp of nutmeg next time...
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:08:03 PM by Delia DeLyons »
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Simple Corn Casserole - Great with Chili
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
Sounds really good!  I might have to try this tonight.

Delia DeLyons

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »
Ugh! Help! I am making this for my work pot luck tomorrow.. Doubled the recipe (except the butter.. Did 1.25 sticks) and it *just* fit beautifully in my 9x13.... BUT!  I FORGOT TO GREASE THE PAN!  And didn't realize until 10 minutes into baking... So I couldn't try dumping it out and cleaning pan, greasing, etc. 

I am so mad at myself!  Do you think it will be a big deal?
Once in a while you get your delight, in the strangest of faces if you look at it right...

buvezdevin

Re: UGH! I messed up - Simple Corn Casserole (post #3)
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 08:26:14 PM »
No big deal, it will be delish, and if a bit sticks to the side... Still delish.
Never refuse to do a kindness unless the act would work great injury to yourself, and never refuse to take a drink -- under any circumstances.
Mark Twain

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 08:27:20 PM »
Ugh! Help! I am making this for my work pot luck tomorrow.. Doubled the recipe (except the butter.. Did 1.25 sticks) and it *just* fit beautifully in my 9x13.... BUT!  I FORGOT TO GREASE THE PAN!  And didn't realize until 10 minutes into baking... So I couldn't try dumping it out and cleaning pan, greasing, etc. 

I am so mad at myself!  Do you think it will be a big deal?

I suspect it will be fine. It might stick a bit around the edges but no biggie.