Author Topic: What do you use your stand mixer for?  (Read 2163 times)

EMuir

Re: What do you use your stand mixer for?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
I've made ice cream with that attachment, shredded cheese, ground crackers for crumbs.  Those are all attachments but worth it!

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2012, 07:48:36 PM »
I used mine on Saturday to make 35 pounds of masa for tamales.

In addition to baking, I have the food grinder attachment so grind a lot of my meats.  Let's me decide how much fat to include in beef.  I do a lot of ground chicken breasts for low fat dishes, pork for pozolle, and brisket for chili. 

I also use it for making pasta dough, though I still use my manual pasta roller.

JenJay

• I'm a nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standards of nonconformity.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
I have a serious aversion to getting hamburger meat under my nails so anything that involves mixing ground beef I use the KA.  I use it for meatloaf, my special hamburgers and meatballs.  My kids would rather have my burgers than anybody else's!

Me too! We make some kind of hamburger concoction at least once a week and I haven't been wrist deep in it for years!  ;D

Maggie

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2012, 08:50:16 PM »
I have arthritis in my wrists, so I use it to make hamburgers (if I'm making a lot) and meat loaf instead of mixing by hand.

I've never thought of doing this - you could definitely get a much more even mix doing this and it would break up the ground beef really well.

It works even better if it sits out for about 15 minutes or even a little longer if you are comfortable with that.  It's much easier to work with if it isn't cold cold.

magician5

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 10:44:34 PM »
I don't even have a hand mixer any more.

On my stand mixer, I:

mix meatloaf together (at the risk of mixing too much),
mix cake mixes & cornbread (with the whisk),
knead bread,
mix cookie dough,
There is no 'way to peace.' Peace is the way.