General Etiquette > Holidays

Using One Envelope for Thank You Card and Christmas Card? - UPDATE #19

(1/7) > >>

StuffedGrapeLeaves:
I have some thank you cards to send out from DS's birthday party (it was two days ago), and also Christmas cards to the same people.  Would it be tacky or OK to send the thank you card and the Christmas card in the same envelope? 

Sharnita:

--- Quote from: StuffedGrapeLeaves on December 10, 2012, 12:37:49 PM ---I have some thank you cards to send out from DS's birthday party (it was two days ago), and also Christmas cards to the same people.  Would it be tacky or OK to send the thank you card and the Christmas card in the same envelope?

--- End quote ---

I think it probably borders on tacky.  WHat is the point?  If you put two cards in the same envelope you might have to pay increased postage.  You would have to address fewer envelopes but then it kind of sends the message that oyu feel like they aren't worth writing out hte address twice which is where the potential for offense comes in.

StuffedGrapeLeaves:
Yes, you're right.  I know I'm overthinking this.  It wouldn't be increased postage, but it would probably look tacky.  Thanks!   :)

EmmaJ.:
I vote two separate cards, two separate envelopes also.

Penguin_ar:
How old is DS?  If he is old enough to write his own cards, I vote like the others- two cars in two envelopes.
If he is little, I vote just an extra note of thanks inside the Christmas card.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version