Author Topic: Using One Envelope for Thank You Card and Christmas Card? - UPDATE #19  (Read 3963 times)

Itza

Re: Using One Envelope for Thank You Card and Christmas Card? - UPDATE #19
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »
Do you mean one single envelope for both cards, or the cards in their respective envelopes which the individuals' names on then both of those in one main envelope which will have the postal address on it?

www.opendiary.com/hear_me
Disclaimer: Not for the faint hearted

Kiwichick

• Is anyone else hungry now?
Re: Using One Envelope for Thank You Card and Christmas Card?
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2012, 06:47:35 PM »
OK, I'm tacky then  :-[

I recently sent my wedding thank you cards.  I addressed the envelope (informal names) and then put it inside the christmas card which was then "properly" addressed.  It didn't increase my postage costs (as both were relatively thin and light), and meant that I finally had the impetus to get my thank you cards out - and actually send my christmas cards "early" for me!

How long ago was your wedding? 

It is  rude and tacky to include a TY note for a gift giving occasion such as a wedding when people took the time to attend and bring you a gift and then combine a TY with a holiday greeting?   A TY should be one in itself to thank someone for their attendance/gift, not a convenient way to combine Merry Christmas with Thanks for the blender.     

I don't know.   I'm fairly practical, it wouldn't bother me in the least, and the worst thing I'd think about the sender would be 'Oooh clever.'

I'm not going to judge them as lacking for thanking me while they are sending me good thoughts at Christmas.  In fact I find that judgement rude and tacky.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
Re: Using One Envelope for Thank You Card and Christmas Card? - UPDATE #19
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2012, 07:25:38 PM »
I wouldn't care if someone sent me 2 cards in one envelope, but I, personally, would never do it that way myself.