Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Would you do this? Is it inconsiderate?

<< < (2/13) > >>

Two Ravens:
Why would you think that it is inconsiderate? Inconsiderate to who?

If anything, she is giving you an chance to see your gift enjoyed.

LazyDaisy:
Another vote for not rude, but maybe thoughtless. The only minor issue could be that it does have the appearance of "regifting" in front of the person who gave the gift. "I don't want these, here you take them." To spare your feelings, perhaps she should have passed them along to someone else privately so you wouldn't know.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: Two Ravens on December 12, 2012, 11:34:24 AM ---Why would you think that it is inconsiderate? Inconsiderate to who?

--- End quote ---
POD'ing with this.

And given that if you gave her 10 cookies of 5 different types, that is 50 cookies.  While I don't know the size of her family that seems like a lot for them to consume, especially if they receive cookies from others or bake their own. 

I know a friend holds an open house each year and the majority of the sweets out are gifts from neighbors and friends who are in attendance.

WillyNilly:
Wait, inconsiderate?  I thought that's why people gave batches of cookies: To serve at their holiday get togethers!  You don't actually expect she and her family eat all the cookies themselves do you?

I think it was a compliment - as already pointed out no one wants to serve yucky treats at their party, she obviously deemed them party quality.

Deetee:

--- Quote from: Two Ravens on December 12, 2012, 11:34:24 AM ---Why would you think that it is inconsiderate? Inconsiderate to who?

--- End quote ---

Podding this to the nth.

I think it's a great thing to do. You get to see your gift enjoyed and she does not eat 50 cookies. I think this is the opposite of inconsiderate. I think it is reasonable and kind and hospitable.

Your treat is being enjoyed with friends and family which is exactly the right thing to happen to treats. This is the happy ending that holiday cookies are made for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version