Author Topic: Stepping in to do the cooking  (Read 4511 times)

Donovan

Re: Stepping in to do the cooking
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2012, 10:13:57 AM »
To me this was just a misunderstanding.  When I read it, I thought the OP just hadn't gotten around to adding the mushrooms and the husband just thought he was helping, not that he thought the cook/cooking wasn't good enough.

It wouldn't even be a blip on my radar screen.  But then again, I'm not territorial about my cooking or my kitchen.

Biker Granny

« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2012, 10:16:25 AM »
1st off I'd be shocked that MY DH knew what risotto was, that there were mushrooms in it and where the mushrooms were.

I so envy you that have husbands that cook.

Understanding now the Mr. & Mrs. Bossypants I get why you were upset.  Livid...no...slightly peeved? yes.  I would ask him why tho.  Just so you know if it was because he thought he was helping or because he didn't think you could do it to his specifications.

rose red

• Super Hero!
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2012, 10:26:19 AM »
Maybe the guy just likes mushroom and the guy in the boss/interviewer story just likes pepper.  He should have just added mushroom to his own portion but he probably wasn't thinking or doing it with hidden meanings.  I can understand being a bit annoyed, but like others, I can't understand livid.  The OP should tell him her feelings so he doesn't do it in the future.

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »
The thing is, they're married.  If that's what she inferred from the comment and it bothers her, why not actually talk to her husband and find out if it was a misunderstanding or he just thought her risotto wasn't good enough.  It does her no good to vent to us about this and get our opinion on his motivations when we don't even know the guy and she's right there, has a relationship with him, and can just ask him.  This is why I think "livid" is an overreaction, because it's based on an assumption and she can get clarification in all of 5 seconds.

This is the second time in about 2 minutes that my response can be summed up with a "POD onyonryngs" in a thread! :D

This boils down to communication with your spouse.  If you want to know if he was trying to be offensive, just ask him.

LifeOnPluto

• Super Hero!
    • Blog
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
Maybe the guy just likes mushroom and the guy in the boss/interviewer story just likes pepper.  He should have just added mushroom to his own portion but he probably wasn't thinking or doing it with hidden meanings.  I can understand being a bit annoyed, but like others, I can't understand livid.  The OP should tell him her feelings so he doesn't do it in the future.

I'd be more understanding if the OP's husband put a portion aside for himself, and added mushrooms to that. But that's not what happened. He added mushrooms to the entire dish, thereby depriving the OP of the opportunity to decide whether or not SHE wanted mushrooms in her risotto. I find that pretty presumptuous.