A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

SO Santa traditions: What is your most memorable Santa story?

<< < (2/9) > >>

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: MissRose on December 12, 2012, 03:24:44 PM ---My favorite was when I was about 9 and my sister was around 7.  I think we had been watching tv in a different room, most likely after having gone to church for Xmas eve. We had changed to our pajamas at that time.  Our mom calls us to the living room as Santa was there.  To this day, I do not know who was dressed as Santa.

--- End quote ---

My mom woke us up in the middle of the night once for the same thing. She told me later it was my dad, with his suit all padded out (he's very thin).

Spriggy:
I have two memories, each from when I was about 4 or 5:

1) There was a utility pole in our yard that had some sort of transmitter box near that top of the pole that had a red blinking light.  One year on Christmas Eve my cousin convinced me that the red blinking light was Rudolph's nose and Santa and his reindeer were just waiting there for me to go to bed.  I went to bed shortly after that!

2) Another year I got out of bed and crept to the tree to check out all of the presents before anyone woke up.  I saw two HUGE presents and thought "great - one for me and one for my older sister!"  No such luck - my sister got a stereo that year and those two boxes were the speakers (it was the 80s).  No large gift for me.   :'(

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: Spriggy on December 12, 2012, 04:45:23 PM ---I have two memories, each from when I was about 4 or 5:

1) There was a utility pole in our yard that had some sort of transmitter box near that top of the pole that had a red blinking light.  One year on Christmas Eve my cousin convinced me that the red blinking light was Rudolph's nose and Santa and his reindeer were just waiting there for me to go to bed.  I went to bed shortly after that!

2) Another year I got out of bed and crept to the tree to check out all of the presents before anyone woke up.  I saw two HUGE presents and thought "great - one for me and one for my older sister!"  No such luck - my sister got a stereo that year and those two boxes were the speakers (it was the 80s).  No large gift for me.   :'(

--- End quote ---

We did this to my niece one year when she was 3.  But she insisted  ALL of us go to bed. 

SamiHami:
One year when I was very little-kindergarten or pre-K, I remember we were finger painting Christmas pictures for our mommies and daddies (mine was a reindeer...they still have it  ;D)

We were sooooo excited when Santa a couple of his helpers came into the classroom! We lined up to sit on his lap and tell him what we wanted. I'm sure you can imagine the excitement!

Excitement that died once it was my turn. I got up on his lap, and he...gave me a shot.

They were doing vaccinations.

What an awful betrayal of chidrens' trust, right?

Momiitz:
I remember on year when I was about 6 years old.  My mom, dad, two sisters and I were watching T.V. on Christmas eve in the living room.  All of a sudden our front door opened and in walked Santa Claus.  He saw us kids and said "oh, you kids should be in bed already. I'll have to come back later."  My sisters and I were all surprised and went to bed straight away.

When I was older my mom told me it was the next door neighbor who they got to dress up and come over. 

Another time I woke up really early one December to find my dad loading up our bikes into his car.  I said what are you doing with our bikes?  He said he was taking them to the bike shop to get fixed up as a surprise.  On Christmas morning under the tree were three new bikes.  My parents wanted to give away our old bikes early to charity so they could be fixed up and given to other kids less fortunate that Xmas.   

edited to add info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version