Author Topic: the "Clueless List" - teacher issue  (Read 4552 times)

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
Re: the "Clueless List" - teacher issue
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
In primary school, teachers would sometimes write people's names on the board. But that was always for behaviourial issues (eg talking in class, etc) rather than not understanding the lesson.

I'd recommend going to the principal. I don't think that going to the teacher would do any good, as he could just deny everything, then give your children an even harder time in class.

Yeah, one HS teacher did tallys for one kid and one kid only, but that was because he was so obnoxious that nobody could get a word in edgewise. The kid could only speak three times, and then he had to be quiet for the rest of the class.

OP, please talk to the principal. Bullies who are peers are bad enough. Bullying teachers, imo, are even more demoralizing; teachers are supposed to make you feel safe in the classroom.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

Gyburc

Re: the "Clueless List" - teacher issue
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2012, 05:56:13 AM »
I agree with the PPs - please do raise this with the principal. What the teacher is doing is awful, and in addition, it is really bad teaching.

Just to add my own story: when I was about 10 or 11, we had a teacher who kept a shelf of books in his room for us to read during breaks. The books were all very simple and designed for younger children. A few of us asked him if he could find some more advanced books for us in addition.

A couple of days later, he had a selection of us students read out passages from a book. I was picked, as was one of my friends, then he deliberately picked some of the slowest readers in the class and had them struggle through passages one after another. Then he looked at us all and said 'That is why we have simple books in this classroom.'

I still feel sorry for my classmates. The kicker was, the ones who found reading difficult never even went near the books in the first place, so the whole thing was rather pointless.
When you look into the photocopier, the photocopier also looks into you