Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Slow Cooker Cheesecake - Ever tried one?

(1/3) > >>

Hmmmmm:
I came across a cheesecake cooked in a slow cooker.  It's assembled in a 6" springform pan, put into the slow cooker, water added and slowly steamed.  The reviews say it is the silkiest and light cheesecake ever.  Has anyone tried one and did it turn out well?  Could you tell a difference between it and one cooked in the oven with a water bath?

jpcher:

--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on December 13, 2012, 02:54:27 PM ---I came across a cheesecake cooked in a slow cooker.  It's assembled in a 6" springform pan, put into the slow cooker, water added and slowly steamed.  The reviews say it is the silkiest and light cheesecake ever.  Has anyone tried one and did it turn out well?  Could you tell a difference between it and one cooked in the oven with a water bath?

--- End quote ---

Never heard of that before . . . how about you be the tester and let us know?  ;D

Would you mind posting the recipe? I'm wondering if this would work just as well in a roaster?

Hmmmmm:
http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/slow-cooker-sour-cream-cheesecake?xid=DAILY121212ViewRecipe

That's the link to the one I came across.  I just can't decide if it's worth the effort to make a 6" cheesecake.  I guess the good thing is if it's not good, I'm only throwing out a small amount.

doodlemor:
That sounds really, really good.  I agree with you that it sounds like a lot of effort for a small cheesecake, though.  I'd love to know how this turns out.

Now I'm wondering if a slow cooker would work to cook a Christmas pudding?  I have my husband's grandmother's recipe around here somewhere.  I used to make it years ago, but the boiling was very messy, so I quit.  It would be a nice surprise for him if I made this again.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: doodlemor on December 13, 2012, 11:05:27 PM ---That sounds really, really good.  I agree with you that it sounds like a lot of effort for a small cheesecake, though.  I'd love to know how this turns out.

Now I'm wondering if a slow cooker would work to cook a Christmas pudding?  I have my husband's grandmother's recipe around here somewhere.  I used to make it years ago, but the boiling was very messy, so I quit.  It would be a nice surprise for him if I made this again.

--- End quote ---
Your question made me curious so I did a google search and it seems there is lots of references for cooking the pudding in a slow cooker.  I'll try out the cheesecake and report back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version