Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Slow Cooker Cheesecake - Ever tried one?

<< < (2/3) > >>

cicero:

--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on December 13, 2012, 06:48:46 PM ---http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/slow-cooker-sour-cream-cheesecake?xid=DAILY121212ViewRecipe

That's the link to the one I came across.  I just can't decide if it's worth the effort to make a 6" cheesecake.  I guess the good thing is if it's not good, I'm only throwing out a small amount.

--- End quote ---

this sounds like the regular kind of new york cheesecake  - i make mine in the regular oven with a "steam bath" (i put a pan of boiling water in the oven when i bake it.

alkira6:

--- Quote from: cicero on December 15, 2012, 07:14:35 AM ---
--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on December 13, 2012, 06:48:46 PM ---http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/slow-cooker-sour-cream-cheesecake?xid=DAILY121212ViewRecipe

That's the link to the one I came across.  I just can't decide if it's worth the effort to make a 6" cheesecake.  I guess the good thing is if it's not good, I'm only throwing out a small amount.

--- End quote ---

this sounds like the regular kind of new york cheesecake  - i make mine in the regular oven with a "steam bath" (i put a pan of boiling water in the oven when i bake it.

--- End quote ---

I could not resist this and made it last night. I just cut a slice and there is no real difference to me than the normal oven method. The cheesecake is silky and very nice, but no better. The only real advantage is that  you could have the oven free foer something else. Also, no cracks on top. I always get at least one crack during cooling, but usually cover it up with some sort of topping/decoration.

Yes, I am eating a hunk of cheesecake at noon for breakfast, why do you ask?

cicero:

--- Quote from: alkira6 on December 16, 2012, 01:01:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I could not resist this and made it last night. I just cut a slice and there is no real difference to me than the normal oven method. The cheesecake is silky and very nice, but no better. The only real advantage is that  you could have the oven free foer something else. Also, no cracks on top. I always get at least one crack during cooling, but usually cover it up with some sort of topping/decoration.

--- End quote ---

hey, I'm all for cheesecake, any time of the day. it's even healthy - got your carbs (crust), (your fruit topping) and your protein.

kckgirl:
I see nothing at all wrong with cheesecake for breakfast, and I've had it just that way in the past.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: alkira6 on December 16, 2012, 01:01:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
. Thanks for trying it out.  I got busy yesterday and didn't get around to it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version