General Etiquette > Life...in general

Lesser Reaction Than I Should Have Given

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: QueenofAllThings on December 13, 2012, 06:22:58 PM ---I think you're worrying too much.

Write a lovely, effusive thank you note and worry no more.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: rose red on December 13, 2012, 06:27:58 PM ---At the end of the work day (or tomorrow), say "I'd like to thank you again for your gift.  It's perfect...(add words that are applicable about the gift)."  Keep it simple, and I agree that you shouldn't apologize.  That might make things awkward.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, just do one of these two things. I doubt most of the rest of the team gave lengthy speeches about their particular gift in that big noisy moment with lots of people talking. Don't overthink it. Boss will likely just think you waited for a quiet moment to expand on your feelings (whether in spoken or written form).

TootsNYC:
I think a few in-person comments about how perfect the gift is, and demonstrating a *quieter but still deeply felt and specifically appreciated* response will have the same effect on him eventually.

Just say how clever he was to get the perfect gift, and that you admire his gift-buying skills. And then say something about why you also like to work for him.  He'll realize you appreciate the gift AND his boss skillz.

Roses:

--- Quote from: QueenofAllThings on December 13, 2012, 06:22:58 PM ---Write a lovely, effusive thank you note and worry no more.

--- End quote ---

This.  Everyone appreciates a heart felt thank you note!

MrsCrazyPete:

--- Quote from: etiquetteE on December 14, 2012, 12:39:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: QueenofAllThings on December 13, 2012, 06:22:58 PM ---Write a lovely, effusive thank you note and worry no more.

--- End quote ---

This.  Everyone appreciates a heart felt thank you note!

--- End quote ---

This!!

DottyG:
Going to "positive dogpile" here. Nice, heartfelt thank you note.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version