General Etiquette > Life...in general

Business Card Litterbug

(1/3) > >>

CrochetFanatic:
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in "All in a Day's Work", but here goes. 

It always bugged me when someone would lift up my windshield wiper and used it to pin a flyer or a business card there while I was in the store, but there's not much you can do about that.  Well, here's a new spin on that, and I'm not sure if it's rude or not.

There's a new "Designer and Master Carpenter" in our area who staples their business card to a chunk of wood, and tosses them on people's lawns.  My dad has found two of them, the second one today.  I don't know if this is rude or not, but it sure does strike me as being obnoxious.  Is this even legal?  Couldn't this count as littering, or something?

diesel_darlin:
Our local Domino's pizza puts flyers into cups and they send someone around who throws them into peoples driveways/yards.

I think the wood idea is kinda cute, but I can see where more than one of them would start getting obnoxious.

DottyG:
Rude and dangerous. Have you ever accidentally hit something like that with a lawn mower or leaf mulcher? I have. And when it splinters off, it hurts. And can take an eye out if it goes the wrong direction.

MrTango:

--- Quote from: DottyG on December 13, 2012, 10:18:04 PM ---Rude and dangerous. Have you ever accidentally hit something like that with a lawn mower or leaf mulcher? I have. And when it splinters off, it hurts. And can take an eye out if it goes the wrong direction.

--- End quote ---

I'd be very tempted to contact the local non-emergency police number and report the person for littering on my lawn...

MrsVandy:

--- Quote from: DottyG on December 13, 2012, 10:18:04 PM ---Rude and dangerous. Have you ever accidentally hit something like that with a lawn mower or leaf mulcher? I have. And when it splinters off, it hurts. And can take an eye out if it goes the wrong direction.

--- End quote ---

I have hit something accidentally. It was a dead bird. I was very upsetLuckily I wasn't hurt.
 I don't like the fliers on my windshield and end up thowing them away. One time I ended up calling the company to arrange for my windshield to be professionally cleaned since the paper they used glued itself to my windshield in the rain. They told me that I was the 10Th person to call for that reason that day, and they were not going to advertise like that in the future. I imagine having to pay for 10 plus cleanings and getting no business out of it would make it a dismil flop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version