General Etiquette > Life...in general

Business Card Litterbug

<< < (3/3)

jane7166:

--- Quote from: CrochetFanatic on December 13, 2012, 10:05:00 PM ---I'm not sure if this belongs here or in "All in a Day's Work", but here goes. 

It always bugged me when someone would lift up my windshield wiper and used it to pin a flyer or a business card there while I was in the store, but there's not much you can do about that.  Well, here's a new spin on that, and I'm not sure if it's rude or not.

There's a new "Designer and Master Carpenter" in our area who staples their business card to a chunk of wood, and tosses them on people's lawns.  My dad has found two of them, the second one today.  I don't know if this is rude or not, but it sure does strike me as being obnoxious.  Is this even legal?  Couldn't this count as littering, or something?

--- End quote ---

Our neighborhood used to get pelted with advertisements in baggies that had a small rock in it and people would drive around in a car and throw them out the window onto driveways.  I guess the rock was for weighing the baggie down so it didn't fly away from the driveway.  How considerate. 

I called the city about that.  It's not done anymore so they must have gotten enough complaints about it. 

Thipu1:
In our neighborhood a local community group distributes nice, little laminated signs that residents can attach to the railings outside their buildings. 

The signs clearly state that flyers, ads and menus are not welcome. 

It seems to work. 

Shea:

--- Quote from: artk2002 on December 14, 2012, 09:37:28 AM ---
--- Quote from: Miss Unleaded on December 14, 2012, 09:02:45 AM ---I do think it's obnoxious and as Dotty wrote, potentially dangerous.  I think it's double rude if the householder has a 'No junk mail' sign on their letterbox.

--- End quote ---

The sign wouldn't be rude, just entirely futile.

I agree that the chunk of wood is dangerous. It's clever and original but still a bad idea.

--- End quote ---

I think Miss Unleaded meant that putting junk mail into a mailbox with a "No junk mail" sign is doubly rude because the advertiser is not only stuffing junk in the box, s/he is ignoring an express request not to do so. I don't think she meant that the sign itself was rude.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version